Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iceblu3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,475
Message 1 of 6

Y50-70 wifi: no appropriate driver to be installed

Hi everyone,

I get the same error on my lenovo y5070 when i try to install the wireless driver from setup,exe. It sais to me

Untitled.jpg

Can you please tell what is the problem here??

My OS is windows 8.1 x64 and i tried to install the driver from the CD provided, but i got the same error when i try to install it from the support page from here(http://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-noteboo...

Has someone a solution to this?

Moderator note: moved off-topic post to its own thread.  Changed subject to match content.  Was:  Re: Synaptics Touchpad Driver problem - no appropriate driver to be installed  (G580 20150)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 28,335
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y50-70 wifi: no appropriate driver to be installed

hi iceblu3,

The No appropriate driver to be installed means that you most likely installing a driver for a different Wi-Fi adapter (eg. You're installing an Intel Wi-Fi driver for a Broadcom card).

To find out the correct diver for your device, can you try to follow this guide on how to identify the wireless card manufacturer (or post the hardware ID here).

After knowing the brand of the Wi-Fi card (eg. Intel  Wireless AC 3160), try to install one of these drivers:

Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch

WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek) for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

iceblu3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,314
Message 3 of 6

ok i've searched in the link you provided and i checked hardware Ids from my wireless adapter.

i have attached the screen with hardw ids

screen_wi_fi.jpg

according with pcidatabase.com it seams the vendor adapter is intel and the device is something logitech..logitech QuickCam® Pro 4000

The name from the screenshot is the native driver given by the windows 8.1.

The intel driver is not applying so a assume that is not the correct one for my adapterSmiley Happy

Or.....this is the corect driver for my adapter...?Smiley Happy

What should i do further? Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 28,299
Message 4 of 6

hi iceblu3,

After extracting the driver below, I've verified that the hardware ID that you posted is pointing to the Intel Wireless AC 7260.

-  Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch

- Link to picture

In the Driver Tab, if you have v17.0.5.8 installed then you have the correct driver. Alternatively, you can also use the driver below from the Intel website:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

iceblu3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,293
Message 5 of 6

yes you are right i have looked there too so case closed thx Smiley Happy and kind regards
monize
What's DOS?
Views: 11,993
Message 6 of 6

same error m facing 

i have installed windows 7

please help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors