Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Priyansh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,853
Message 11 of 23

Re: Y50: Automatically Turns Off

Is there any solution for this? Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? The service center clean installed windows 10 on my y50 but the issue still persists. Can someone tell me is it a driver or some hardware issue? Please help. Please..

Probably_Niles
Paper Tape
Views: 4,772
Message 12 of 23

Has anyone made progress or found a fix for this problem?  I had a bad experience getting a defective hybrid hard drive replaced and since then I have had this unacceptable automatic shutoff issue.

H0meLine
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,742
Message 13 of 23

Has anyone found a solution to this? I started getting this problem after updating BIOS from V1 to V3. Mine shuts down very rarely, you may try to roll back BIOS if you get them frequently, it maybe helps (It is dangerous though)
Priyansh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,718
Message 14 of 23

Hi. I had this problem, but this has not happened with me since i updated my windows build to the latest insider preview version. You can do that too and test it out. Goto updates and sign up for the insider preview builds. It takes a day to process i think but its free and it solved it for me so its well worth the shot. Please post the results. (12 days no crash, and previously it used to crash about 10 times everyday)

ceejimus
What's DOS?
Views: 4,711
Message 15 of 23

Hi everyone,

I just had a third party technician come to my house to replace the motherboard (with the integrated graphics and cpu), the RAM and the WiFi card (b/c I was also having issues to dropped and slow connections). I've been using the laptop for a little more than a week now and I haven't seen any recurring issues with either the powering off (even after hibernation) or with my wireless connections.

This was after trying a factory reset (to no avail).

I would say if you are having the same problems I was having with my Y50 4K Touch (see previous post), then it's likely a hardware issue and if you have a warranty contact lenovo immediately and get them to send someone out to your house to fix it.

Honestly I'm pretty impressed with the level of customer service (didn't even have to leave my house). It almost makes up for the fact that I had a really expensive doorstop for a month and no laptop... Smiley Very Happy

glhf guys

tarinisharma
Paper Tape
Views: 4,698
Message 16 of 23

my problem has not disappeared but has become more cumbersome with repeated hanging and compelete disruption of the audio. i got a company reset from the official service center. twice i have made service calls and still the problem has not been identified. what should be my next step for the system?

FancyTao
What's DOS?
Views: 4,505
Message 17 of 23

Hi guys,

I also have this problem. I just bougtht my Y 50-70 laptop less than two weeks, so far the turned off automatically problem occured twice. And today I called the tech support ,they asked me to recover my system and see if the problem still exists.

After 4hours, it happened again. The screen just tunred off after a big pop-up sound. Now I'm fking pissed and I'm going to return this laptop. I will not spend 920$ buying a broken laptop which can shut down automatically for three times. That's not a deal.

Mine is I7-4720HQ

Nvida GTX960m

hard drive sshd 8G

memory 8G

ceejimus
What's DOS?
Views: 4,458
Message 18 of 23

A quick update. I previously noted that an in home replacement of the motherboard, ram and wifi seemed to have fixed my problems. The issues have all returned in full force, however, along with the addition of another issue involving the machine entering sleep mode automatically whenever I unplug the charger from the device. The wifi is still having issues and the machine continues to sporatically shut down with no windows event logs or blue screen.

Priyansh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,431
Message 19 of 23

Have you found a fix for this? I brought this laptop back in December and this shutting down problem has happened to me over 100 times. I've tried everything, honestly i don't think there is a fix for this. This laptop is malfunctioned. Or there might be an easy fix for it which only lenovo can push but they are way too lazy to do it.

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity and attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Guidelines and have been removed.

jpmatheny
What's DOS?
Views: 4,296
Message 20 of 23

Like another person in this thread, I too started experiencing these problems just after I updated from BIOS V1.13 to V3.03. The laptop was just straight turning off with a pop sound. It happened about every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes after longer. Since I reverted back to the BIOS V1.13, the problem has been eliminated.

Here is a link to the BIOS I used. It remains available through Lenovo (though it took me a while to find: 

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/zivy2113.exe

Before doing this, enable "BIOS Back Flash" in your current BIOS. So here it is:

1) Go into your current BIOS and under the "Configuration" tab, make sure that "BIOS Back Flash" is enabled.

2) Exit selecting "Exit Saving Changes".

3) Boot the PC into Windows and use the downloaded utility linked above to revert to BIOS 1.13.

I hope this helps. Man, I am very glad it wasn't a hardware issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors