Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Henry_Reyes547
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 1 of 2

Y50 Completely died??

This is my first post on the forum, and it's concerning the behavior of my Lenovo y50. I had my y50 for about 6 months, but around the beginning of this month my laptop has been shutting down more frequently due to over heating. It suddenly got to the point where it just completely gave up. One day I was just playing a round of SuperNova, nothing too harsh. Then suddenly, "POP" the sound I hear and screen goes black. I suspect that is has to do something with the adapter and the battery. Because when I plug in the adapter, the power brick makes this high frequency noise. I looked at all the previous post with similar problems and tried their solutions, but with no luck. There isn't any light coming from the power button or the bottom left of the laptop indicating if it's charged or not. It was 100% charged before it shut down, so I have no idea what happened to it. Please help!
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 269
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y50 Completely died??

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

With a 6 month old laptop I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for warranty service.  The fact that the charger is making a noise and the laptop won't power up is a good enough reason to give them a call.

Lenovo Support - USA

1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors