Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benmeredith
What's DOS?
Views: 1,886
Message 1 of 3

Y50 Elan Touchpad - No Right Click

Basic story is that I bought my lenovo laptop about a year ago. I was excited when I received it, however, I quickly realized that the right mouse click button did not work correctly. You have to press it very hard and it regularly fails to work. As far as I can tell from reading around, the synaptics version of the pad had issues that were resolved by a driver update. Has there been any sort of fix for the ELAN version?

I've tried both uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers available (as far as I can tell) to no benefit. Would really love to get this fixed so that I can use this laptop as intended.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,817
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y50 Elan Touchpad - No Right Click

Hi benmeredith, 

From the description of the issue this seems to be a hardware issue with the button and may need to be replaced. Have you notified Lenovo about the issue? If not I would recommend that you get in touch with them by clicking the Contact Us link under Support at the bottom of the page. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
benmeredith
What's DOS?
Views: 1,813
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y50 Elan Touchpad - No Right Click

I was trying to figure that out last night and it was saying it was out of warranty (which it probably is), but the dates on the warranty are wrong. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for repair if needed. I think I may end up having to call if that's the solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors