cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fourforty
Paper Tape
Views: 1,642
Message 1 of 4

Y50 - Fn+F6 touchpad control not working after warranty repair.

I sent in my Y50 (Win7 64bit) to get a hinge fixed. The techs updated the BIOS, and i'm assuming that's why now my FN toggle to disable/enable the touchpad no longer works. 

I've tried re-installing the drivers in a bunch of ways. Tried fully uninstalling them from Device Manager, then installing the one from the Lenovo webiste, The button still doesn't work. I tried fully uninstalling and restarting the computer and letting windows install the default drivers. still doesn't work.

I even tried installing Lenovo Power Manager upon reading some forum posts online. That did nothing.

I don't know what to do to get this Function key to work again. The other function key combo's work fine. But this one does not.

I would REALLY appreciate some help as this is affecting my productivity. The touchpad gets false touches from my palm so i like to have it disabled. Apparently there's settings for that, but mine didn't work either.

Please and thank you.

icosmine
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,623
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y50 - Fn+F6 touchpad control not working after warranty repair.

Hi,

I understand how frustrating can be. You can try changing this settings using Lenovo Settings, it came preinstalled but I believe is available for free in other places like Store, here is a link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p

On this app on the left top corner you have the menu and select Input now you should be able and see Touch Pad and function Key settings. Here is a screenshot:

http://i66.tinypic.com/b8ppco.png

As you can see you have option to disable touch pad from there too. Good luck.

Fourforty
Paper Tape
Views: 1,602
Message 3 of 4

It seems that 'Lenovo Settings' is only available for Windows 10. I'm running Win7 64bit.

Thanks for the reply, I really do appreciate it.

EDIT: I figured it out! I'll put the instructions here in case anybody else finds this.

Go into BIOS, Go to the option to load default settings. Select the Legacy settings and then reset. It seems it has to be set to legacy for it to work on any OS older than Win8.1. apply the settings and it should work.

Just before i did that i installed Lenovo Power Manager again. Although it itself didn't fix the problem, I don't know if it wasn't some combined settings that solved it. Either way, Solved!

Babayaga07
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 4 of 4

I am facing the same problem after upgrading to windows 10 and apparently Lenovo Settings is merged with Lenovo Vantage, which is full of **bleep**. I could'nt find any option for the function keys/hot keys. Firstly I had to install lenovo settings and then after installing and restarting the windows, it bacame aware that lenovo setting has been merged with lenovo vantage. A usleless piece of software. Please help if you have any solution to the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors