Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sogat
Paper Tape
Views: 10,240
Message 1 of 15

Y50 Headphone Jack Static Noise

When I plug in my headphones (does not include mic) into the right headphone jack of the laptop, I hear a white/static noise when there is no sound being played by the computer.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Sogat
Paper Tape
Views: 10,168
Message 2 of 15

Re: Y50 Headphone Jack Static Noise

Bump.. I really need help on this. Thanks!

HappyTreeFrank
What's DOS?
Views: 10,146
Message 3 of 15

Can confirm this. I own a Y50 UHD version and is also getting loud static noise once the earphone is plugged in. It's really annoying but I'm worrying it's a hardware design flaw 

kofdog
What's DOS?
Views: 10,105
Message 4 of 15

Can confirm, Y50 UHD headphone jack emits lots of static. Lenovo's support with this device thus far has been atrocious, so I hope someone will address this issue before I return my laptop and proceed to never buy from this company again.

rohan1211
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,061
Message 5 of 15

Disabling Realtek audio drivers and switching to High Definition Audio drivers from Device manager removed 100% of static noise for me.but i believe it disables the subwoofer while on speakers and a red light constantly glows next to 3.5mm jack so i have to switch back to realtek everytime i want to listen on speakers.
So i guess if Lenovo cares enough,they can fix the issue with a simple driver update.

Sogat
Paper Tape
Views: 10,049
Message 6 of 15

how do you disable realtek and switch without uninstalling the realtek driver?

kofdog
What's DOS?
Views: 10,044
Message 7 of 15

I think it's more likely a hardware issue. I'm experiencing the issue on Linux as well; it has nothing to do with the Realtek drivers in Windows.

rohan1211
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,034
Message 8 of 15

Right click on "This pc",select manage.click on device manager.expand sound category and right click on realtek.choose update driver software and then click on browse my computerfor driver software.then choose "let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer" and choose High definition audio device. click next and done
you have to do the same to switch back to realtek,just pick realtek in last step.

Sogat
Paper Tape
Views: 10,032
Message 9 of 15

Changing back to realtek isn't that worth it anyways right? you get the subwoofer which isnt even that great..

I can still hear a bit of static with realtek on.. I think this problem persists for a lot of laptops? maybe frequecny from the wiring in the laptop...?

rohan1211
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,015
Message 10 of 15

yea well my realtek drivers remain off most of the time cuz i use headphones more than speakers and my static noise seems to be completely gone without the realtek drivers.but when i use speakers i keep realtek drivers on,it feels like if i have a subwoofer i must make use of it lol.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors