Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VIIeven
Fanfold Paper
Views: 204
Message 11 of 15

Re: Y50 IPS screen flickering with pink/black horizontal lines

The trouble started when i bought a second 8GB Ram module. Same producer (Samsung) same specifications.

Each one seperatly works fine. But when i combine them both i get the flcikering with the pink lines until the whole screen gets a pink filter and a little unsharp look. Sometimes it takes weeks until this happens. First step for me is than to remove one module, but at this point the problem stays. Than afer a lot of rebooting the problem disappears.

Interresting thing is that when I connect another external monitor via HDMI the picture is perfect and no sign of any pinkish whatever.

Another thing that is often mentioned is that the cable could be the problem, but changing the angle has absolutly no effect.

So if there would be a issue withthe gpu the ram or the mainboard i think it also should appear on the second display. And if the internal display connection would be the problem how could there be a possibility that i "repairs" itsself without movinf the cable.

I am really helpless. So every idea is more than welcome 

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 200
Message 12 of 15

Hello bro,

If it even happens during starting up or at the bios then this is surely a sign of bad RAM,VRAM or even faulty connectors but thats last.......Simply run memtest to check the RAM and simply run any VRAM hungry games(Farcry 4,GTA V at ultra settings) to check VRAM(if its bad then it would display artifacts,too many texture pop ins & yes flickering lines)...... Smiley Happy

Regards

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
VIIeven
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the fast reply . I will start with the tests as soon as possible. But still i can't imagine how it is possible that all the problems i discribed don't apear at the connected monitor

following some pictures

http://z87i.imgup.net/20160426_2c760.jpg

http://r55i.imgup.net/20160426_2cf8a.jpg

http://r55i.imgup.net/20160426_2cf8a.jpg

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 177
Message 14 of 15

Hello there,

If your issue seems to get increased when doing the aforementioned tests..... then its more likely a hardware problem..... But from what i have seen in the images you sent(the windows LOGO in your wallapaper is ghosting in white background of chrome browser) was probably a display related problem a.k.a Screen burnin or ghosting(happens when the monitor is switched on and if the display is static for long lime) you can search regarding this in google..... Probably it improves when there is pure white image displayed in fullscreen for several minutes..... post back Smiley Happy

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
VIIeven
Fanfold Paper
Views: 165
Message 15 of 15

Today I tried a memtest and checked the RAM three times. I also ran some games like Fallout, Battlefield 4 and FIFA 16. In conclusion I can say that except of the pink filter and the ghostpictures everything works quite well.

The memtest produced zero errors and the games ran smooth and without artifacts and so on.

I know the problem of "burned in" pictures in monitors and tvs. But the last time I saw ghostpicures produced like this was at a plasma tv in 2010. And I can say for sure that there was no static picture on the screen for more than half an hour. So I doubt that the picture is burned in. Especially because the many small windows (memtest) you see in the video were on the screen for some minutes and than I turned the display off until the test was finished.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1S0Hk_3bamWjF2WWFzd1VJWms/view

At this point I'm quite sure that there is something wrong with the panel or the cable. Unfortunatelly I won't be able to fix a problem like this.

What do you think. Nexst step contacting lenovo's support and sending the laptop in??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors