Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 4,494
Message 1 of 10

Y50 Screen horizontal lines!!

I bought Lenovo Y50 960m version 2 weeks ago...

Now when I shutdown/sleep/hibernate my laptop. if I turn it on again while the charger is plugged in, I get random horizontal lines like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKeilqC6cw

If I unplug the charger, the lines are gone!

I've the latest drivers of everything (Bios, Nvidia driver, intel HD 4600 driver)...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,468
Message 2 of 10

Re: Y50 Screen horizontal lines!!

Hi Ahmadlight, 

Welcome to the Forums        

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with horizontal lines in your Lenovo Y50 laptop.

Check with different adapter,check with different socket if any other power cable available please try to swap and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 4,461
Message 3 of 10

I've tried my brother's adapter (He has the same exact laptop model), and tried another socket in the home and in my college, Nothing is changed!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,440
Message 4 of 10

Hi Ahmadlight,

As you have mentioned that in other adapter or the socket the issue remains the same. Hence this might be issue with the hardware please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 4,371
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, I just got a new one instead. They said there was a problem in the GFX card

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,363
Message 6 of 10

Hi Ahmadlight,,

I am glad to know that your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!Smiley Happy

Ashwin.S

AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 2,403
Message 7 of 10

Now, the new laptop they replaced 8 months ago, today got the same problem again...

I want to know what to do now?

Will Lenovo replace it or refund me or what!!!

It's still covered under the warranty

I don't want this faulty laptop anymore

All my friends who bought it got the same problem and the shop itself (that I bought it from in Egypt) returned all the Y50 he had and said they are all faulty

AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 2,351
Message 8 of 10

So???

rockerao
Paper Tape
Views: 2,340
Message 9 of 10

Hi, I had similar problems. From what i read on the forums and my personal experience, in my opinion it is a fundamental problem with some wiring. Lenovo is probably aware of this, my notebook was fixed in one day after arriving to lenovo. Send it for warranty if possible

AhmadLight
Token Ring
Views: 2,203
Message 10 of 10

I sent it back to warranty and got my screen panel & Flat cable replaced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors