Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeWardion
Blue Screen Again
Views: 80,012
Message 1 of 13

Y50: Slow boot up and noticeable loading lag

When I boot up my Y50, The lenovo  logo comes up and the windows 8.1 loading logo below it lags. It starts slow and then goes back to normal. The problem is, My other laptop which is also windows 8.1 it boots up 2x as fast even though my y50 has better computer specs. Both laptops have fast boot enabled.

Edit: My other windows 8.1 laptop boots in 14 seconds while my Y50 boots in 35seconds. There is noticable lag when it boots up.

Edit 2: A Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqRedmDPcc&feature=youtu.be

Edit 3: ALL good now!

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 79,826
Message 2 of 13

Re: Y50: Slow boot up and noticeable loading lag

It has nothing to do with the specs of the laptop. It's the HDD or SSD that came with the laptop.

Lenovo seem to use very slow HDD's, upgrade to SSD and use your HDD for personal files.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
DeWardion
Blue Screen Again
Views: 80,373
Message 3 of 13

Although it's not the hardware, because I fixed up the software issue with the help of videos. 

The problem was that the hiberfile was corrupted so I had to turn it off and then back on using command prompt. It now boots up in just under 10 seconds.

Thanks for the reply!

balajitv
Blue Screen Again
Views: 78,780
Message 4 of 13

Can u please post the steps to solve this issue,.. i too face the same problem with my lenovo y50

JoooostB
Paper Tape
Views: 78,121
Message 5 of 13

Hello all, 

I had the same issues with my Lenovo Y50-70. I fixed it with the following commands:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
3. If you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4. At the command prompt, use powercfg.exe to change hibernation settings

a) You may use powercfg.exe or powercfg, either is interpreted correctly.
          b) Hibernation mode is affected with the /hibernation, /h, or –h switches. Each form of switch is recognized.
          c) To turn hibernation mode on, add on.  To turn hibernation off, use off.
          d) An example to enable hibernation mode is powercfg /hibernation on
          e) An example to disable hibernation mode is powercfg.exe –h off

5. To confirm successfully enabling hibernation mode, you can type attrib h*.*  at the root of the boot drive to look for the instance of hiberfil.sys. To confirm that hibernation mode is disabled, once again use attrib h*.*  at the root of the boot drive (e.g. C:\) and you should not see an instance of hiberfil.sys.

Hope I helped you out!

Best regards,

JoooostB

Source: How to fix hibernation file issues in Windows

omwali
What's DOS?
Views: 77,592
Message 6 of 13

Hey, I too have the same problem in y50 and I did as u said above using the cmd. It fastened the boot up only one time. Now again it's taking around 35sec to boot up. Please help me.
JoooostB
Paper Tape
Views: 77,578
Message 7 of 13

When using a regular HDD 35 seconds is not really long actually. You could make a task in Task Schedular that whenever the PC starts or shuts down it will run the CMD script (make a bat file)

Best regards

vineet1403
What's DOS?
Views: 73,236
Message 8 of 13

it's working .. thanks JoooostB

lkhamer
What's DOS?
Views: 72,964
Message 9 of 13

Hey, I have the same problem, too. I got as far as playing with the hibernation in CMD, but I'm stuck at the task scheduler. Opened it, been tinkering around, but how do I assign the task with a "bat file"? What is a bat file?

Ansh_Y50
Fanfold Paper
Views: 70,259
Message 10 of 13

Bro,i am having the same prob.Used to have in previous y50,facing the same again.
I have restored twice,then also it persits.A newly formatted laptop cant have a hibersys prob,dont u think?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors