Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EzioA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,823
Message 1 of 6

Y50 Touch in Automatic Repair loop, SrtTrail

My computer is acting up. I have a Lenovo Y50 Touch. I left my computer running and came back 30 min later to see it shut down. I believe that it had ran out of battery since it was low. I plugged it in and when I did it and booted, the automatic repair came up and said

"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC". 

The log file is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.

I have looked online and tried the chkdsk /f commands and it said no problems were found. 

Someone suggest that I :
"To resolve this enter BIOS/UEFI and set your disk controller mode (aka SATA mode, RAID mode) to Standard (aka Standard IDE or SATA, Legacy) instead of AHCI or RAID (take note of the original setting first!). This will ensure that Windows knows which drivers to use for booting from the system drive."

I went to the BIOS settings>Boot>Boot mode. This was set to UEFI. I changed it to Legacy Support. Then under came up a new option "Boot Priority" and it was "UEFI first" but I changed it to "legacy first" Restarted and this new error came up: "This product is covered by one or more of the following patents US6,580,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.56 (08/27/13) PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE:MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.

Any other ideas? I'm reading that it seems that my computer tries to boot from the wrong partition but everything seems to be in check. I click the button next to the "power" and go to "boot manager" and select "Windows boot Manager (WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB). There's 2 other options "EFI network for 0 for IPv4/6" but it's obviously not those. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,780
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y50 Touch in Automatic Repair loop, SrtTrail

EzioA wrote:
"... "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC".
The log file is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.
I have looked online and tried the chkdsk /f commands and it said no problems were found."

Comment: Were you able to login in command prompt? If no, how were you able to execute chkdsk /f? If yes, try running sfc /scannow.

EzioA wrote: " ... Someone suggest that I :
"To resolve this enter BIOS/UEFI and set your disk controller mode (aka SATA mode, RAID mode) to Standard (aka Standard IDE or SATA, Legacy) instead of AHCI or RAID (take note of the original setting first!). This will ensure that Windows knows which drivers to use for booting from the system drive."

I went to the BIOS settings>Boot>Boot mode. This was set to UEFI. I changed it to Legacy Support. Then under came up a new option "Boot Priority" and it was "UEFI first" but I changed it to "legacy first" Restarted and this new error came up: "This product is covered by one or more of the following patents US6,580,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.56 (08/27/13) PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE:MOF: Exiting PXE ROM."

Comment: If there is a problem with the hdd, to prevent agraviating the situation, you should never change the HDD partiiton style.

EzioA wrote: " ... Any other ideas? I'm reading that it seems that my computer tries to boot from the wrong partition but everything seems to be in check. I click the button next to the "power" and go to "boot manager" and select "Windows boot Manager (WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB). There's 2 other options "EFI network for 0 for IPv4/6" but it's obviously not those."

Comment: Temporarily disable PXE Boot to Lan in the bios.

EzioA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,766
Message 3 of 6

Regarding your comments:

1. I am able to access the command prompt. I am in fact able to access all the "Advanced options". When I login in command prompt, it is set to X: but i change the command to C:. Should I run sfc / scannow in X: as well?
I ran sfc /scannow ( in C: ) and I FINALLY GOT SOME CORRUPTED FILES (since all the chkdsk commands turned out with no errors). This is what I got:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note hat logging is currently not suppoted in offline servicing scenarios. 

The system file repair will take affect after the next reboot" 

2. Yeah I wasn't aware of that. Plus, their advice did not help. All that happened was that this error "This product is covered by one or more of the following patents US6,580,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.56 (08/27/13) PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE:MOF: Exiting PXE ROM." came up first before going into "diagnosting -> attempting repairs -> Srt.text error screen".

3.I did this after running sfc /scannow and the same pattern occured. 

However, after disabling "PXE Boot to Lan" and running sfc /scannow for C: , I am still back to the same SrtTrail.txt error. Smiley Sad 

UPDATE: I decided to run another C: sfc /scannow and it said the same result as previous try (found corrupted files and successfully repaired them). Should I keep running those until it says no corrupted files appeared?

PS: Thanks a lot LenBlazer for trying to help. Greatly appreciated!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,754
Message 4 of 6

@EzioA wrote:

Regarding your comments:

1. I am able to access the command prompt. I am in fact able to access all the "Advanced options". When I login in command prompt, it is set to X: but i change the command to C:. Should I run sfc / scannow in X: as well?
I ran sfc /scannow ( in C: ) and I FINALLY GOT SOME CORRUPTED FILES (since all the chkdsk commands turned out with no errors). This is what I got:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note hat logging is currently not suppoted in offline servicing scenarios. 

The system file repair will take affect after the next reboot" 

2. Yeah I wasn't aware of that. Plus, their advice did not help. All that happened was that this error "This product is covered by one or more of the following patents US6,580,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.56 (08/27/13) PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE:MOF: Exiting PXE ROM." came up first before going into "diagnosting -> attempting repairs -> Srt.text error screen".

3.I did this after running sfc /scannow and the same pattern occured. 

However, after disabling "PXE Boot to Lan" and running sfc /scannow for C: , I am still back to the same SrtTrail.txt error. Smiley Sad 

UPDATE: I decided to run another C: sfc /scannow and it said the same result as previous try (found corrupted files and successfully repaired them). Should I keep running those until it says no corrupted files appeared?

PS: Thanks a lot LenBlazer for trying to help. Greatly appreciated!

Since the problem keeps on coming back it seems the hdd might be infected or something is wrong (this might be due to the changing of the partition style done earlier). To be sure that it is, you repeat sfc /scannow maybe five times per some advice regarding this matter.

If it is not important that you will lose your personal files you have two options available (through advance option): Refresh and Reset. You can try refresh first. If this fails then do the Reset. 

EzioA
Paper Tape
Views: 2,739
Message 5 of 6

Thank you again for the reply!

I don't think it's due to the BIOS settings done before since I changed them back. Also, I was just changing where to boot from which shouldn't impact the health of the HDD. 

I did another thing. In command promt I typed " DISKPART" and then "list volume" and the partitions came up. All of them had "Healthy" status.

Regarding running sfc /scannow multiple times, should I do it ony for my C: drive? or D: and X: as well?
What exactly is X: ? That is what comes up when I first click "Command Prompt" in Advanced settings.

"Refresh your system" does not work. I have not tried "Reset" since i DONT want to lose my files.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,730
Message 6 of 6

@EzioA wrote:

Thank you again for the reply!

I don't think it's due to the BIOS settings done before since I changed them back. Also, I was just changing where to boot from which shouldn't impact the health of the HDD. 

I did another thing. In command promt I typed " DISKPART" and then "list volume" and the partitions came up. All of them had "Healthy" status.

Regarding running sfc /scannow multiple times, should I do it ony for my C: drive? or D: and X: as well?
What exactly is X: ? That is what comes up when I first click "Command Prompt" in Advanced settings.

"Refresh your system" does not work. I have not tried "Reset" since i DONT want to lose my files.

Do the sfc /scannow in the location of the OS. I'm not sure about drive X. It might be the cache drive. sfc mean system file check.

Regarding the changing of the partition style what I have experience is that there is some changes done so that a repair might be needed.

Try booting in safemood command prompt if possible and see if you can fix the error by sfc /scannow.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors