Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,150
Message 31 of 53

Re: Y50 Yellow /Dark Yellow - Screen Calibration

Still baffles me why only on the laptop display and remote monitor color perfect. Is it 4K UHD IPS display quality issue or some issue between this display and the GForce video card?

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,117
Message 32 of 53

Amy, can you go in to details with regard to exactly what Service Tip IN20141024-002/HT101356 to fix and/or address this yellow color problem? I tried to get with tech support and they wanted to do a remote check on my computer, despite me asking numerous times about this Service Tip that supposedly addresses the problem.
AndyHOvine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,081
Message 33 of 53

Same problem here, I would be interested in getting this fix too.

Rogo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,622
Message 34 of 53

Hi,

Same issue here. Amy, please share details about this Service Tip IN20141024-002/HT101356.

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,616
Message 35 of 53

I did receive survey request from Lenovo with regard to my Y50 computer. I down graded them due to the poor monitor performance and went in to detail the reason for the down grade. I will be interested to see if they actually look at it closely and respond back due my negative comments - not holding my breath. Sadly starting to agree with other that Lenovo does not care about this problem and have no plans to fix it any time soon.

Nicotrico
Paper Tape
Views: 1,417
Message 36 of 53

I bought my Y50 2 days ago and am already suffering a lot from the mustard yellow problem which apparantley all Y50s seem to experience... I've read about the "solution" TIP IN20141024-002/ HT101356 , but cannot seem to find anybody posting here that the yellow problem has actually been taken care of ... anybody know something different?

Thanks

Nico
bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,404
Message 37 of 53

I have to assume Lenovo is well aware of the problem and has not cost affective fix. Looks like they could care less about their customers as long as people keep purchasing their machines. Got my wife a new laptop for Christmas and needless to say, I bought a HP. I will not purchase another Lenovo nor would I recommend it to anyone.  I will deal with it now because too late to return and other than yellow color, does everything I want in machine. One of these days I will run my Colormunki on it to see if I can make even minor improvement.

Even worse, I filled out the Lenovo survey sent to me. In it, I went in to detail about my issues with the screen. Never heard one word back from them. They are totally avoiding the problem.

RomulusDaniel
SCSI Port
Views: 1,398
Message 38 of 53

I got used with these colours (because in fact the whole colour gamut is poor) . Although I will never buy another Lenovo product and I already told all my friends about my experience with Lenovo's customer service and advised them not to buy a Lenovo product.

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,394
Message 39 of 53

I guess all we can do is spread the word so others don't suffer the same fate. It has to go with poor quality displays. There is nothing wroing with display drivers. My next step is to call and bother every authorized Lenovo repair store in my area.

Nicotrico
Paper Tape
Views: 1,378
Message 40 of 53

so it turns out that this "solution" TIP IN20141024-002/ HT101356 is just a SCAM from Lenovo?

I've been reading a lot on this issue, and it seems that it's more a software, rather than a hardware problem - Lenovo but in a intel graphics driver who is incapable to handle anything by the looks of it...

and I don't want to get used to this mustard yellow, because I do a lot of video and photo editing and it messes up everything... and there's not really a point in buying another monitor if having a laptop is there...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors