Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 7,825
Message 21 of 53

Re: LENOVO Y50 4k screen - YELLOW PROBLEM

I received a replacement about a month ago and they still shipped with poor yellow. What is weird is, like on the browser if I have the Google search up, the yellow O is a mustard yellow, but a photo or video of the same thing that is then displayed is showing the correct yellow. 

I too have been hoping that a bios fix would correct this. After two Y50's I can only come to this conclusion. Never buy a Lenovo again. I think I will buy a Mac next. I should have realized that you get what you pay for and that the specs were too good to be true. Made in China with China knock off parts.

Former Employee
Views: 7,485
Message 22 of 53

Re: Y50 Yellow /Dark Yellow - Screen Calibration

The Lenovo investigation into customer reports of yellow colors on Y50-70 laptops not appearing as expected has concluded.

If you are experiencing this issue, please contact Lenovo Service for support. Please reference Service TIP IN20141024-002/ HT101356.

Thank you,

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,558
Message 23 of 53

Does this fix actually address the problem? If so, I will go to tech support and reference Service TIP IN20141024-002/ HT101356. I had already tried to calibrate laptop display with Colormunki with no success. Yellow is perfect my NEC PA series monitior that runs off of my Y50 with 4K UHD display.

matrixxzero
Token Ring
Views: 6,550
Message 24 of 53

All I heard was it is a software fix so take that for what it is worth. I fail to see hoe that would fix it. For me it is strange. In my browser, the "o" in Google is definitely a dark mustard. But if I watch a video of someone who has the Google logo, the yellow is fine in the video of the same xxxxxxx thing. So maybe it's a driver thing but if so then it should be just put out a new driver. So I don't know. It would be nice if Lenovo would put out a video or something showing the before and after screen shots or something and give more info about their "fix". Or maybe anyone who has sent in their unit to please post how happy they are with their results. Are they having to sign a non disclosure statement or something? Lol

Mod edit:  Removed implied profanity, keep it clean.

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,512
Message 25 of 53

I have to wonder if it is a display issue. Curious if they have the same problem with their standard non UHD displays. If driver issue you would think I would see similar problem on the monitor connected to this laptop via HDMI cable. Still need to see if I can fix it by calibrating with my Colormunki. So far, like everything about this machine but the yellow issue. Would not be big deal if I was not going to do photo editing on it when away from my monitor.

RomulusDaniel
SCSI Port
Views: 6,433
Message 26 of 53

The last time the Lenovo Sevice asked me to send the laptop to Germany to be fixed. I wonder what if I contact the service now, they wil have other solution for the yellow problem?

I accepted the yellow the way it is, because I don't need accurate colours.

dorightbyus
SCSI Port
Views: 6,401
Message 27 of 53

Yea who needs accurate colors anyways.
Most people are slightly color blind

Did anyone contact lenovo in the "solution" response in this thread and what happended?
bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,339
Message 28 of 53

I tried to contact tech support to get more details on the  Service TIP IN20141024-002/ HT101356 they mentioned with regard to the fix in order to get more details about the actual fix. Kept wanting to do remote access of my computer. Due to time frame, was not at home on that machine. I continued to ask the details of this serivce tip with litte success in getting an answer  I guess the next options I have is to sign in to remote access tech support or try to calibrate the display with my Colormunki. You would think the person I contacted in tech support could have looked up this service tip and shared details to me. Hope this is not the kind of service I can expect from Lenovo.

jedrekmedrek
Paper Tape
Views: 6,331
Message 29 of 53

Does anyone know if installing windows 10 helps ?
Meteo02
Paper Tape
Views: 6,326
Message 30 of 53

No, Windows 10 doesn't solve the problem!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors