Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,002
Message 51 of 53

Re: Y50 Yellow /Dark Yellow - Screen Calibration

That is truly sad. They are just putting their head in the sand and ignoring this problem since they don't have a fix. 

As for the first time he has heard of this color problem with yellow, has he ever searched the internet or any of the forums. Picky really, just put the display against and decent monitor. This is again when I do my photo and video editing on my NEC photo qualtiy monitor.

I have given up on Levnovo and am completed disappointed in them. I will never purchase another and would never recomend this computer to anyone. I guess if you are just doing spreadsheets or gaming, color does not matter, but when it comes to photo work, it is really critical.

JmacSmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,001
Message 52 of 53

Agreed. This is my first and is likely my last Lenovo. The computer part of the computer is fantastic, but the display is woefully lacking—and the latter is nearly as important as the former. If I'm watching the Simpsons on a computer that cost over $1,000, I want to see Homer as yellow, not brownish-green.

In fact, if I'm using a $500 computer I want Homer to be the right color.

And, like you said, doing any real photo work on this machine is impossible (without using an external monitor).

That, however, isn't the reason I'll likely never buy another. This abysmal customer service is. It is inexcusable to have technical support at a computer company that, at best, offers bad advise and, at worst, is condescending and intentionally insulting.

bilrei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 987
Message 53 of 53

Yes the uniformed, unhelpful and completely rude customer no service is totally unacceptable. I would have more respect if they said we are aware of the problem but honetly don't have a fix for it at this time. One of these days I will take it to one of the local Lenovo approved repair shops in my area and see what if anything they can do. Although I should not have to to it, I would pay to have them install a display with proper color capabilities.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors