Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bluekid
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 1 of 4

Y50 bottom plate loose, Lenovo won't honor in-home service

Lenovo is telling me they won't come to my home to fix my 2014 Y50, even though I purchased in-home service/accidental damage protection.  They're saying the technician wouldn't know what parts to bring, so I have to mail the computer to them.  This is not the service I paid for.  Has anyone else had problems with Lenovo like this?

The issue is that the bottom plate of the laptop is able to separate slightly from the rest of the computer, creating a small gap (just 2-3 mm) between the bottom plate and the left side where the charger & ethernet cables plug in.   Because of the gap, the cables won't stay plugged in all the time.  It's been getting worse for awhile.  You can push the plate up with your hand to close the gap, but that's not a solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 168
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y50 bottom plate loose, Lenovo won't honor in-home service

If there is an accident, it is impossible to know what's broken until the machine is disassembled.  There could be damage that is not visible from the outside.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Bluekid
What's DOS?
Views: 139
Message 3 of 4

@richk wrote:

If there is an accident, it is impossible to know what's broken until the machine is disassembled.  There could be damage that is not visible from the outside.

But the warranty doesn't say "in home service except when we don't know what's broken".    Lenovo should come out to determine what's broken (though it seems more like a design defect, not accidental damage).  Then if it needs replacement parts, they can order the parts and return later to replace them.  If the technician can't disassemble the machine, then in home warranty was a waste of money.  FYI I have accidental damage coverage as well as in-home service.  Upon closer inspection, the bottom plate only separates about 1 mm, and only on the left.  It's lack of pressure more than the gap itself that allows the plugs to deviate from their normal 90 degree position.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 128
Message 4 of 4

Good day.

If the agent you spoke with is working your call as an ADP issue, then, in my experience, those are always handled at the depot. The reason is as richk described, namely not knowing what other parts may need service/replacement.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors