Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldenbird
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,920
Message 1 of 6

Y50 clicking sound from left speaker and muffled sound

Hello,

I just bought the Y50 yesterday with the GTX 960M. Unfortunatly i noticed while playing that the left speaker started to do a clicking noise, in addition the sound became muffled. When i tilt the laptop the problem is resolved i.e. the clicing stops and the sound returns to normal. After a few minutes the same problem returns until i tilt the laptop or lift it again.

Please help.

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Mod comment: Serial number removed for members protection.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,877
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y50 clicking sound from left speaker and muffled sound

Hi Goldenbird,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with left speaker in your Lenovo Y50 laptop.

This might be issue with the speaker cable which is not seated properly, please visit the nearest service center fo further details

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

bnaveed
What's DOS?
Views: 2,792
Message 3 of 6

I have the exact same problem with my Y50 which I bought few days back, noting that the problem was experienced immediately once I starting using it.

However, the clicking sound vanishes if I tilt the laptop around a little and then lay it back flat.

techguy1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,760
Message 4 of 6

My Y50 had the left speaker clicking sound and muffled sound from day one (last month) March 2015

After much time and pain I worked out the problem was the cooling fins next to the cooling fans were flexing and I presume touching the left speaker wire which runs along under neath the cooling fins. I could get the clicking sound to happen every time if I applied a small amount of pressure on the cooling tubes that sit on top of the cooling fins.

I then placed a small piece of cardboard on the left side under the cooling fins to raise them only about 2 mm and this has fixed the problem. no more damm clicking sound and muffled sound

Hey Lenovo fix you Y50 laptop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Xathura
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,636
Message 5 of 6

Fan Noise Problem, Mustardish Yellow, 48Hz locked display, Speaker clicking, intel Wireless card problem(I had all)... I returned my Y50 to the vendor for full refund, and I'm not going to buy another lenovo product again.

Ilias83
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 6 of 6

My laptop had the same problem a couple of days ago.

I bought it about 20 months ago having no problems at all.

I fixed it by myself.

I unscrewed th bottow case of my laptop.

I inspected the left speaker cable and put it in it's place (there are fittings holding the cables in place)

Then I firmly screwed the bottom and everything works as it should.

Noticed that the screw under the left speaker was missing so I used the one in the front center of laptop.

Does anyone know where can I find proper lenovo bolts?

Top Kudoed Authors