Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MJ_ching143
SCSI Port
Views: 310
Message 1 of 2

Y50 is dead after one year and four months

Lenovo is good brand. I bought two Lenovo laptops but both are broken after one or two year usage. The latest one is Y50. The laptop is completely shut off after a sound of pop when it was used. Then it can never come up except one power diode is on and boot light is on and then off shortly. I follow the thread to rule out any residual charge or power state issue. I guess it cound be the dead mother board. Is it worth repairing it?

Guru
Views: 269
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y50 is dead after one year and four months

You should consult a local technician how much will it cost to repair it, if you are out of warranty.

Few things to note since you are having certain poor luck with laptops (If you already have these good practices, then please ignore) -

1) Buy extended warranty. It might cost $50-70 more but that should cover you for 3 years.

2) Laptops need extra care and maintenance, so follow some basic guide for that such as cleaning fans, keeping it free of dust, checking CPU/GPU temps on ocassion.

3) Take appropriate precautions while traveling and switch off the laptop when not in use.

4) Charge the laptop with the original charger only. Use a power strip that has overvoltage protection.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors