Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shingdao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 996
Message 1 of 5

Y50 shuts down when coming out of hiberation

Hello.  I have a Lenovo Y50-70 touch running Windows 10 and just opened and set it up yesterday. I used the factory install vs. doing a clean install of Windows. After initial set up, I updated Windows and installed various other programs and removed several others (bloatware) everything was running fine for a day. Today, I wake the computer up from hibernation mode overnight, log-in and after about 10 seconds the computer suddenly just shuts down but does not go into sleep or hibernation mode, it shuts offs...sometimes it shuts down 2 to 3 times over the course of several minutes but again, just after waking from hibernation.  

What could cause this? I've recently updated my Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers on the advice of Lenovo tech support to help resolve the issue but otherwise, apart from updating Windows 10, no other changes were made to the system. I should note however that I also downloaded and tried to install a driver update for the Lenovo Optimizer/Companion software that failed.  When I rebooted the machine after install of the Lenovo software driver, after a very lenghtly restart, I got a BSOD with error message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I then did a hard reset and updated the graphics cards drivers as instructed by Lenovo support.  On my own accord, I have since uninstalled the Lenovo Companion app and associated drivers.  I also disabled hibernation and hybrid sleep mode in my power settings and that seems to have resolved the issue for now because the computer does not go into hibernation. I don't appeart to have this issue opening and running after sleep mode.  Still, there appears to be some issue (driver?) causing this when the computer comes out of hibernation.  I don't use hibernation all that much but would like to when I travel for extended periods and the machine is not using AC power.  I appreciate any and all assistance you may be able to provide.  

Avangel
What's DOS?
Views: 921
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y50 shuts down when coming out of hiberation

I have the exact same issue. Started after upgrading to Windows 10. I also recently put a Samsung EVO 850 SSD. No other changes

MattaChewie
What's DOS?
Views: 862
Message 3 of 5

Hey there I have the same exact problem. Its really annoying, whenever it opens from hibernation I load up a program or something then 10 seconds later, with no warning, the laptop shuts down. If anyone has a solution to stop this please let me know.

shingdao
Fanfold Paper
Views: 851
Message 4 of 5

I still have this issue and after searching for the cause for over 5 months now the consensus is that this is Windows 10 related and not a hardware failure...at least in my case.  I reset Windows 10 and the problem still persists.  Its now crashing after coming out of sleep mode during the day.  I may switch to Windows 8.1 to see if that doesn't fix the issue.   

Avangel
What's DOS?
Views: 821
Message 5 of 5

I reinstalled Windows 10 and I still too have this problem...

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors