Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahachey
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 1 of 3

Y500 - Broken/Intermittant WiFI and LAN Connection - Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

Hello: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 on my IdeaPad Y500 my wifi is intermittant and stops working on sleep.

The network icon in the lower right corner  of the desktop has a red x next to it indicating no network connection. My home wifi network is not listed in the Network Settings list even when the laptop's wifi card is connecting to the router.  The wifi loses connection intermittantly on sleep, it works again once I restart the machine but loses the connection when it goes back to sleep. The LAN connection has also stopped working intermmitantly as well as the sound card. 

• I have updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (including the kb3093266 update) pushed out in the last month by Microsoft. 
  • I have checked and rechecked the device drivers for wifi and LAN network adapters. The drivers are up to date with the latest. The wifi adapter is an Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230.
  • There are no network connections listed in the "Network Settings" list including my own router and the many other routers in my apartment building. The LAN connection didn't show up either. 
  • The LAN adapter also stopped working the last I checked. 
  • The sound card stopped working as well but comes back intermittantly. 

What should I do? This problem is really annoying. The wifi connection is lost constantly and only works on restart. This happened after the Windows 10 upgrade in July. It only worked fine with Windows 8 and the Windows 10 Insider Preview prior to July. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 202
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broken/Intermittant WiFI and LAN Connection - Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

Are you connecting to both Ethernet and wifi at the same time?

ahachey
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broken/Intermittant WiFI and LAN Connection - Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

I am not connecting wifi and ethernet at both times. I did try that last month but did not make a difference. 

There is something seriously wrong with the software configuration. Either Windows 10, proprietary Lenovo firmware or software drivers, or the network adapter drivers by Intel and Qualcomm. 

I don't know what it is and I am a decent troubleshooter. I am trying to avoid a fresh install of Windows 10 but will if I have to because this is really annoying. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors