Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-27-2013

Poland

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 1

[Y500] COMMON touchpad issue also with Synaptics Hardware

2013-05-27, 20:22 PM

Here is my tragic history.

I bought my Y500 about 2 month ago. From the begging i was experience the touchopad issue. I search on internet and found information about common touchpad issue in Y500 regarding the ELAN hardware (laptops made in the end of 2012).

So, the only solution was to send my laptop to lenovo service (in Poland). It was very big issue when you have to send your brand new laptop to the SERVICE and wait for it some more time... but on the other hand i was satisfied that the issue is common and will be quickly fixed.

And there was first dissapointment...

I call Lenovo in Poland and "TECHNICAL ENGINEER" said me that he doesn't know about any issue with touchpad. OK - now one knowes everything... then the "ENGINEER" said me to try reinstall the drivers ( it was very strange because the laptop was brand new...) and after he provide me an RMA numer to send laptop to the service.

Second dissapointment...

After few days i receive my laptop and looks that the ELAN hw was change to Synaptics. Please imagine my irittation when in point of that  the touchpad issue was still not fixed. The pointer has imprecise movment and some time goes alone to the top of the screen. The symptomps was little difference than  with ELAN hw but still have issue wich prevent user on the laptop from correct work.

The question is, why they send back my laptop if the problem is still present ??

Then i send it another time to lenovo.. They change some kind of chassis in the laptop and reinstall the system - and this also not help.. The touchpad is still not to use...

So, I send it third time !. They hold my laptop for 2 full weeks and then it back with "no problem found" .

I call to service today and thay said me that the only way is to send laptop to the service fourth time...

Summarize:

After changing ELAN for Synaptics HW and send laptop to lenovo service third time the ISSUE IS STILL PRESENT and i cannot work with my laptop properly.

Please commentt if you have same issue with Synaptics HW and request to lenovo service to help me and lenovo service in POLAND to solve this crucial problem.

Thanks,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms