Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stork5150
Not applicable
Views: 524
Message 1 of 2

Y500 Fan on in Sleep Mode??

I couldn't find this addressed anywhere else. I got my Y500 yesterday and I have it set to go into sleep mode with every behavior, but definitely upon closing the lid. When I do that it appears to go into sleep mode, everything turns off and the LED indicator starts blinking. About 5 min after this, with not touching anything, all of a sudden the fan turns on and doesn't shut off and the blinking LED goes solid as if the computer was actually on. While I've never had a comp do this before, I felt this might be to cool it down after long use and it would shut off shortly. I woke up this AM and my computer was warm and the fan was still on even though the lid was closed all night. Anyone know what can be causing this? I think my settings are all correct but no matter what setting I have it on when the lid is closed the fan shouldnt run constantly right?

ExJamJus
Not applicable
Views: 479
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y500 Fan on in Sleep Mode??

stork5150,

Are you using the Y500 in Win 8? I am using a Y500 as a 2nd laptop and I close the lid all the time whenever I finish using it. The LED lights on the bezel of the laptop would just turn off. Its cold as ever in the morning and also never notice the fan running when the lid is closed.

Check if you have Wake-on LAN enabled or any wake timers set in your Y500.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors