cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeGerman
Paper Tape
Views: 1,524
Message 1 of 8

Y500 GT 750M SLI overseas shipment possible?

Hello!

I am from Germany and EU Lenovo stores only sell the Y500 GT650 SLI... on request no one could say me a realistic date for EU market introduction, so I wanted to order it in the US. Anyone knows if and how its possible to get the products from US shop shipped outside of the US?

Best Regards

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,498
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y500 GT 750M SLI overseas shipment possible?

hi SeGerman,

According to Lenovo's Shopping FAQS,

"Lenovo is unable to ship orders internationally from the US due to export restrictions and policies. However, orders can be made from the Lenovo.com site for your destination country."

If your country doesn't have an estimated date of availability then your option is to order the unit in the US and have it shipped to a friend or a family member's US address and have them ship the pckage to your address in Germany. If this is not applicable, then you can signup via email so that you can get the latest offers and product updates when it arrives in Germany (including the the Y500 GT 750M SLI).

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,492
Message 3 of 8

Also you should ensure that the system, if you do import one, is entitled to warranty service in the country you are importing it to.  Not all systems qualify for warranty support in every country.

International Warranty Service;   http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/iws.page?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

SeGerman
Paper Tape
Views: 1,454
Message 4 of 8

Thank you Andy!

Do you know wether it's possible to buy an additional power adapter for EU sockets in the US store? Or if it's at least possible to order such separately from EU Lenovo?

- US adapter can be used in EU by using an additional adapter.

Different question: Since Lenovo US only accepts American Express Credit Cards, how can people without access to one like students buy in the US store? Traveler checks? Or is it simply not possible?

SeGerman
Paper Tape
Views: 1,456
Message 5 of 8

Since Lenovo US only accepts American Express Credit Cards, how can people without access to one like students buy in the US store? Traveler checks? Or is it simply not possible?

Moderator Note; subject edited on this and further posts; threads merged

MarianoRO
Punch Card
Views: 1,446
Message 6 of 8

I had the same issue and be carefully since if you still use Amex you will have to talk with AMEX and Lenovo (credit department) because your billing and shipping address maybe is not the same (my case at least).

Lenovo should chance that policy. I almost buy another brand, I have International Visa and paypal and Lenovo only accept for international transaction AMEX (with the same billing and shipping address)

Good luck!

SeGerman
Paper Tape
Views: 1,428
Message 7 of 8

Plus I have to send the product to another US company that sends it then back to me, because Lenovo doesn't send anything outside the US. I really like their offers but I probably cannot take them because I pay 250$ extra for extra far shipping and other inconveniences. Don't understand that, other vendors directly send to Germany, not even charging something, only taxes, duties and stuff...

I'd really appreciate there were another way of payment, but I fear this might be not possible.

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,391
Message 8 of 8

It may be worth your while taking a look in the General Board; there are several threads on this subject which may help you decide whether or not it is a good idea to import a system from the USA.

Lenovo USA, EMEA, ASIA etc. are all "different" companies and have their own territories, this is quite common with global companies, and stick to these territories as products and services will have regional variations.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors