Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsnipe
Paper Tape
Views: 376
Message 1 of 2

Y500 Ideapad problems

Hi Lenovo users,

I had a couple problems with my recently purchased Y500 ideapad sli gt 650's ultrabay laptop. This is my last resort before I return for a possible repair, just wanted to make sure I couldnt fix it before I ship it out.

Ok I've had this problem start occuring around after the first month of use, If I idle the laptop or it goes to sleep whenever I wake it back up after a couple of hours or when I come home from work it makes a weird humming noise coming from the vent (primary graphic card I believe). I can tell its the fan because its venting out heat, and it only fixes whenever I restart the laptop. Normally without the humming and fans working the max temp is around 50-60 degrees celcius. But whenever its humming it skyrockets to 90+, I havent let it get higher then that but whenever I restart it the fans turn on immidiately after reboot to cool it down. I think something is wrong with the card but I have no idea what happens whenever it idles ( never does it when its in use or gaming the fan always stays on when in use )

Another issue I've been having is that whenever I try to boot up the laptop it hangs on the Lenovo startup screen. I get no loading circle to indicate its doing anything. I think something is wrong with the operating system (windows 8) Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes it takes around 5-6 times before it "catches" and starts to load windows. The laptop isnt slow by any means it just doesnt load windows. 

I've system restored it twice to have the same thing happen with the operating system within a day and the fan problem doesn't go away. Not sure if anyone experienced anything like this but any help or suggestions are much apprciatated.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 325
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y500 Ideapad problems

hi Jsnipe,

Welcome to the Forums.

Are you able to re-create the humming issue in Safe Mode? (this will isolate 3rd party apps that's probably running on high CPU usage when the computer wakes up from sleep).

- if everything works fine in Safe Mode, try to perform a clean boot and observe it in normal mode.

As for Windows 8 getting stucked on the loading screen, try to check the disk for errors by running chkdsk. You may also want to turn off Windows Update temporarily and see if the system runs stable.

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors