Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 696
Message 1 of 4

Y500 - Lenovo Vantage Hardware Scan Failure

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this. I ran a hardware scan using the Lenovo Vantage app and it says to follow the instructions on the results page to properly get support for this issue. There are just no instructions however.

If I can get support for my issue on this post, I will post there error code or the file here.

Here are my computer's specs just in case.

Lenovo Y500

Windows 10

Processor: Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M (2)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 600
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y500 - Lenovo Vantage Hardware Scan Failure

Does anyone know who I'm supposed to talk to about the hardware scan results?

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 477
Message 3 of 4

So more than a month and no reply from anyone? That's great. I'll just post the result code in the OP and hope someone knows what I can do from there.

edit: So it seems I can't edit the OP...

So the result code is: WHDG00000-DN7W5E

I'm not sure if how that will help though since another section in the scan has the same code and it's running fine... I must be missing some other code. It is referencing a 15? 16? GB SSD that came preinstalled with the laptop, which has failed the SMART short self test. I don't know what's installed on it if anything at all since I never installed anything on it myself.

Could an error on this SSD be creating issues for games installed on the HDD? My games have been crashing, saying that the video card has crashed or has been pulled out. I do not pull out the cards while playing, I don't even touch the laptop on one game that this happens on. Drivers are updated of course.

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 429
Message 4 of 4

Why can I not get a simple reply after 2 months? What's the problem here Lenovo?

Top Kudoed Authors