cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtopol2
What's DOS?
Views: 133
Message 1 of 2

Y500: No Internet through WiFi or Ethernet (but fine for other devices)

My Y500 decided it couldn't receive internet on any connection today. It would connect to any network but it would say that there was no internet. I plugged my computer directly into the modem with an ethernet cable and it still said there was no internet. My router was sending out 5Ghz wifi fine and I was using several other devices on the network successfully.

Any idea what could be wrong? I thought it would be my wireless card, but wouldn't I still be able to receive internet through my ethernet port then?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

I don't want to have to buy a new laptop just because this silly nonsense. I'm at my wit's end.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 119
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y500: No Internet through WiFi or Ethernet (but fine for other devices)

@rtopol2 wrote:

My Y500 decided it couldn't receive internet on any connection today. It would connect to any network but it would say that there was no internet. I plugged my computer directly into the modem with an ethernet cable and it still said there was no internet. My router was sending out 5Ghz wifi fine and I was using several other devices on the network successfully.

Any idea what could be wrong? I thought it would be my wireless card, but wouldn't I still be able to receive internet through my ethernet port then?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

I don't want to have to buy a new laptop just because this silly nonsense. I'm at my wit's end.

Disconnect anything to your modem. Shut it down. Switch it on and wait for a few minutes for the lights. Plug your ethernet cable to the modem. Try going to the net using your browser. If you cannot connect, call your isp.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors