Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 1 of 5

Y500 SLI/BIOS issue Windows 7

I have Y500 running on Windows 7 64bit with dual GT 650M video cards:

Product: 20193

Serial: ##########

BIOS: 6BCN34WW(V1.05)

I recently realized that only a single card appears in my Device Manager. I probably have never used my 2nd video card so far. Lenovo Solution Center also only finds a single video card only.

After spending days cleaning and testing different drivers with no success, I read that there has been a known issue with the SLI cards in the official BIOS that might have never been solved. I could not find any official BIOS update on the official Lenovo support website. I found some unofficial page here that offers an unofficial update 2.02 here but I could not download due to some primium membership requirements.

1. Is it true that Lenovo never fixed this SLI issue and never offered any BIOS update? If that's true, then, Lenovo, why did you sell me a laptop with dual video cards if they officially do NOT work and why haven't you done anything about it? 

2. Where can I get even an unoffical BIOS update?

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

Machine Type Model  59356553

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 154
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y500 SLI/BIOS issue Windows 7

Good day.

You can find BIOS v2.04 here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad-y5...

Not sure if that will help you with your current concern, but it is the official BIOS, and it's higher versioned than v2.02 you've mentioned above.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

nomadniko
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for responding but I do not see any BIOS there, and this is where I first check. Maybe I am blind, could you post a direct link to download here please?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 131
Message 4 of 5

@nomadniko wrote:

Thanks for responding but I do not see any BIOS there, and this is where I first check. Maybe I am blind, could you post a direct link to download here please?

I had to unclick the matrix's OS selector preselection of Windows 8.1, then more items were exposed.

The v2.04 readme: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/yx00s204.txt

The v2.04 executible: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/yx00s204.exe

HTH.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

nomadniko
Paper Tape
Views: 118
Message 5 of 5

Oh, I see. Although since changing the BIOS is not a joke and Lenovo specify it to be Windows 8 only does it present a risk to try it on my Windows 7 machine? If it works on Win 7 why wouldn't Lenovo list it under both?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors