Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggraja
Paper Tape
Views: 2,783
Message 1 of 4

Y500 TV tuner cable?

Hi Jamez,

I have had a similar issue with my Lenovo Laptop Y500. I guess it has been more than 3 years. I got in touch with Lenovo. The folks at the Lenovo center did not have a clue about how I can connect a cable to the TV tuner. I explained that there is a cable required. They first told me my laptop cannot have a TV tuner card. Later they told me that cable was not included and I have to purchase separately. I had resigned to my fate and sought information on the part number as well as details as to where it can be procured. I was directed to contact the Local dealer in Hyderabad. I did contact them too and they don't have a clue.

I am willing to purchase it if that is the only way Lenovo chooses to help. I don't know where, how and for what price. I have since moved on from Lenovo and chosen to take my money to Dell for all my future needs and they have never let me down.

I paid a sum of more than Rs 50,000 for my first laptop and I thought a company like IBM would provide basic support and service. Here I am with no one to even sell me the part that was supposed to be included. I am hoping that someone will listen to my misery and provide help.

I had been searching ever since and came accross this website

http://www.fixya.com/support/t5344557-new_lenovo_c315_tv_tuner_avermedia

it states as follows

"I called support (desktop option) at Lenovo. I mentioned that I was missing the connector and they found the part no and they shipped it to me. Part no is - 31045149. I can now attach the antenna/cable coax to this connector."

I do not know if this part no is valid in India nor do I have any information as to who would sell the same.

Now I do know that I am not the only one who has been going through this misery for no fault of mine.

Govind

ggraja
Paper Tape
Views: 2,780
Message 2 of 4

Y500 TV tuner cable?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,762
Message 3 of 4

Y500 TV tuner cable?

Hi ggraja,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum. Jamez discussed with me about your problem. I understand your frustration, however, as you already mentioned, the machine is more than 3 years (actually it's about 4-5 years ago since it was launched), there is very slim chance to get the part even if you have the tv tuner cable part number.

Is your machine still under warranty? I was thinking to advise you to try looking for compatible ones, but I never use TV Tuner before and not sure whether it's standard through out all the brands or not. A colleague of mine showed me this link and it seems the cable is standard. Correct me if i'm wrong.

While you are giving it a try, maybe you can send me a private message along with you machine serial number and machine type model? I'll see if can find any info out of it.

Thank you!

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
ggraja
Paper Tape
Views: 2,738
Message 4 of 4

Re: Y500 TV tuner cable?

Cleo,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is the fastest response I have received since I purchased my Laptop and this message has also given me the most hope.

My Laptop is no longer under warranty, I chose not to upgrade since I did not trust Lenovo to provide any help when I needed it.

The machine was purchased on 16th January 2007 for a price of Rs 57,000.

Machine S/N : * - I dont know whether that is an S or 5

model type is 77614AQ. 

The port on my laptop looks exactly like the one shown on the Lenovo C315. Anyways, it has been 4 years and today I am asked questions about warranty. I hope someone does ask what took lenovo so long to help me? If they do help and this is the closest I got to getting any help.

Regards,

Govind

Moderator edit: Masked serial to prevent misuse (Cleo can still see it).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors