Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocScott
What's DOS?
Views: 652
Message 1 of 2

Y500 dropping WiFi connection intermitently

I have a 4 month old IdeaPad Y500 that randomly drops the WiFi connection. I will be on the internet and then it says I have limited connection and drops the connection completely, then says there are no open networks to connect to. Restarting usually corrects the problem.

It has done this from the beginning but now is happening more frequently (up to 3 times per day). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (from D drive and lenovo.com). We have 4 other WiFi capable devices and this doesn't occur with any of them.

Lenovo support was no help and after being disconnected from them 4 times, then asking for a supervisor and being disconnecred a 5th time (of course he didn't call back even though he has my #) I am giving up on them for help. Besides they wanted me to pay them $90 to correct the issue citing it is likely a software problem and only hardware problems are covered on the warranty. Isn't it their software that is buggy!?

Any suggestions?

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 649
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y500 dropping WiFi connection intermitently

Follow the second post from this thread by LenBlazer: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/z500-wifi/td-p/1208108

Your connection should be much more stable with the Windows drivers instead of your Wi-Fi adapter manufacturer.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors