cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob517
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 1 of 3

Y500 not purchased from Lenovo, what are my extended warranty options?

I am thinking of purchasing a Y500 from an online retailer so I can get the SLI version that is supposed to have a bigger A/C adapter as well.  Lenovo doesn't offer the SLI version on their site and it's cheaper to get the SLI version and purchase the DVD drive separately, than to get the DVD version and purchase the extra video card separately ($195.95 for the extra video card vs. $59.95 for the DVD drive.)

I like to get the 3 yr. warranty with accidental protection with my Lenovo laptops.  How do the prices compare when not buying the laptop from Lenovo directly?  Do they hike up the warranty prices? Any rough idea on the price difference?  I tried to ask a chat rep but he said he wouldn't know until I gave him a serial number which I don't have yet.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

Psyrecx
802.11n
Views: 587
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y500 not purchased from Lenovo, what are my extended warranty options?

I think the prices are the same no matter where you've purchased your notebook from. It's based on your notebook's serial number and I doubt Lenovo cares where you purchased your device from so long as it's a Lenovo product.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 | Intel® Core™ I7-3630M @2.4GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | Nvidia® Geforce™ GT 750M | 120GB Mushkin Atlas Deluxe mSATA SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint M8 5400RPM HDD | 1080p Lenovo Display | Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Rob517
Paper Tape
Views: 566
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y500 not purchased from Lenovo, what are my extended warranty options?

Thanks!  I appreciate the info.

Rob

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors