cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlakeG
What's DOS?
Views: 722
Message 1 of 4

Y500 "plugged in, charging"...but not actually charging?

So I unboxed my Ideapad Y500 yesterday and it's working wonderfully...that is, everything except my battery. When it was running low at 10% battery life last night I decided to plug in the AC adapter, which, as is normal, caused the battery icon in the corner to read "10% available (plugged in, charging)". However, what's not normal is that when I turned the laptop off and left it to charge overnight, the battery indicator light at the front of the system was still orange/red, occasionally flashing.

I turned on my system again to find that my battery life hadn't budged at all despite recognizing that the adapter was plugged in and charging. I know other people have asked about something like this, though most of them say their battery icon reads "plugged in, not charging", so I'm not sure how to solve it. Any help would be appreciated!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 720
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y500 "plugged in, charging"...but not actually charging?

Hi
Not sure it is happening but can you try this:
remove battery and ac adapter; press and hold the power button for 30-40 seconds and then put it all together. Hope fully it should fix the problem.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
BlakeG
What's DOS?
Views: 714
Message 3 of 4

I'm assuming I should turn it off before I unplug the battery and the adapter, yes?
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 679
Message 4 of 4

Yes
And sorry for not mentioning before.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Top Kudoed Authors