Did you mean: 
Highlighted
addy7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,513
Message 1 of 6

Y500 wifi connectivit issues after standby

Hi,

i had purchased a Lenovo y500 about a month back. 

I have wifi issues when i put the laptop on sandby and then start up.

When the laptop starts after stand by it sometimes shows no networks available which usually gets solved after turning wifi on and off or turnig airplane mode on and off.

although sometimes it will show the wifi network but will be unable to connect and sometimes will connect and drop within a few mins after which it wont show any networks. 

these issues are more frequent when on battery than charging.

I have unticked the "turn off to save power" option in the network adapter setting.

happens with bluetooth turned off also

drivers are updated to latest

my newtwork card is Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG (driver version : 10.0.0.227)(date:20-02-2013)

in advanced settings there is

option ................................................................................value

1.) 802.11b Preamble ........................................................ long and short/long only (currently on long and short)

2.) adhoc11n........................................................................disable/enable    (currently disabled)

3.)network address............................................................. not present

4.)recieve buffers.................................................................256

5.)scan valid interval...........................................................60

6.)transmit bufffers..............................................................512

if anyone could help me with the solution for the following issue id be xtremely greatful. Smiley Happy

cheers

Former Employee
Views: 1,509
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y500 wifi connectivit issues after standby

Hi addy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.Could you uninstall the current drivers you have installed for the wireless and try installing the drivers from the below link.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/wlanlc140w7.exe

I hope this helps and please do post you're results.

Regards
addy7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,495
Message 3 of 6

Hi NINE,

thanks for replying so fast. 

i did as instructed and so far after a few standby tests it seems to be connecting without any prolem.

also i can now see a whole lot of other wifi networks in my area which i could not see before.

will update if any problem occurs but for now seems to be solved.

Former Employee
Views: 1,457
Message 4 of 6

Hi addy7,

thanks for posting back your results. Glad it has worked out for you. Do let us know should you require further assistance.
DBVCarl
What's DOS?
Views: 924
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  When the computer is restarted or booted up, wifi is fine.  everytime i put it to sleep and wake it back up, wifi doesnt work.  says "wifi is disabled".

I've tried everything mention on every forum I found.  Nothing seems to be doing the trick.  One thing I do notice is that the Bluetooth device/driver dissapears when I wake up the computer.  does this have anything to do with the wifi?

It's been 2 weeks of constant battle, trying everything possible.  PLEASE HELP!

vjad93
What's DOS?
Views: 702
Message 6 of 6

Re: Y500 wifi connectivit issues

Its been over a year since i purchased this machine and i have been quite happy excpet for few things, one of its wifi connectivity issues, while same wifi signals are strong and work on other's laptops like of HP and DELL but same wifi connection is so weak in mine and often drops when i connect and sometimes its unable to connect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors