Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazyluffy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,344
Message 1 of 6

Y500 windows8.1 black screen blinking cursor/wifi

My ideapad Y500 lenovo laptop will show the lenovo insignia along with the loading circle. The next screen will only be black but will show my cursor (when after clicking will go back to the middle of my screen) and my wifi icon at the bottom. I've tried doing multiple hard shutdowns (20+) to see if anything will change but nothing has.
Any and all help is appreciated
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,332
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y500 windows8.1 black screen blinking cursor/wifi

Hi Lazyluffy,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issues with black screen in your Lenovo Y500 laptop.

Please share the graphic driver version, also boot the system into safe mode and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Lazyluffy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,320
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the prompt reply! I am having trouble finding the driver info as I can only access my bios at the moment. Do you have any tricks to get it to start in safe mode? I've tried pressing using the f8+shift combo but again it seems I'm pretty limited with only my access to bios and my limited comp knowledge. I also don't have a backup disk ToT Thanks again,-Lazyluffy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,309
Message 4 of 6

Hi Lazyluffy,

As you have mentioned that you can boot to BIOS check if the hard drive is detected in BIOS, also try to reseat the hard drive and check for the issue.

If the system is under warranty do not open open the system, if the system is out of warranty then tryto reseat the HDD and check for the issue. Refer the manual for reseating.

Click here for the manual.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Lazyluffy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,288
Message 5 of 6

Before i try to reseat I looked in the bios and found these three options to boot from:Windows boot manager (st1000lm24 hn-m101mbb)Efi network 0 for ipv4 Efi network 0 for ipv6
Does the windows boot manager option mean it should be booting to windows correctly? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,282
Message 6 of 6

Hi Lazyluffy,

Yes the boot manager means the windows should boot normally, you can also try booting into safe mode with networking and check for the issue, to go safe mode restart the system and press f8 key and check.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors