10-20-2017 04:03 AM
I have just bought Lenovo Y5070 and i changed the settings that the games will work on the Nvidia GTX 960 not the intel card but I have aproblem that the games never start when i use the nvidia card ,they only start on the intel . Help please and Thanks..
10-20-2017 06:59 AM
The reason why your gpu isn't functioning correctly is because I'm pretty sure you don't know how Nvidia Optimus actually works.
Optimus NEEDS the Intel IGPU active. Reason being is because of how the pipline works:
1. GPU creates frames.
2. GPU puts frames in the frame buffer.
3. Optimus copy's the frame.
4. Optimus paste's it to the IGPU's frame buffer (via PCI-E)
5. IGPU outputs frame to display.
This is why the IGPU needs to stay on, no matter which GPU your primarily using, the IGPU is always displaying the final image to the display. There are NO direct display connections to the discrete GPU.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Keep the IGPU enabled.
2. In Nvidia's Control Panel, 3d settings, set Global settings to auto.
3. Go to the CSGO profile in 3d settings, then select the "high performance Nvidia Processor".
As for your black bar issue, I think it's an aspect ratio issue. If your resolution is the typical 1366 x 768 or 1920 x 1080, then make sure the aspect ratio is 16:9 and the resolution is your native one.