cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,378
Message 11 of 20

Re: Y510, Computer turns on but blank screen.

you can hear the sound but you can't see the screen, not even lenovo logo at start-up?

if you hear the start-up sound, i can say your computer works but not screen.

could be loose lcd cable, lcd or graphic card issue.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Paper Tape
Views: 1,364
Message 12 of 20

Yes I can not even see the Lenovo Logo at the start up
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,350
Message 13 of 20

call lenovo support line cause you may need replacement, probably graphic card or lcd.

lemonbone
Punch Card
Views: 1,342
Message 14 of 20

i had this problem on mine,too. I found out that it was the graphic card is dead, if you have the y510 with a delicate graphic card.

Solution on my y510 is to replace the graphic card , in my case it is 8600m gt
以宇宙和大風暴的艾德布洛伊之名
inferno913
Paper Tape
Views: 1,127
Message 15 of 20

Y510 Blank Screen

Hello, my Y510 recently had this weird problem. When I I turned it on, it normally booted (I can hear the windows sound) but the screen remains blank. I have to turn it off manually (usually 2 or 3 times) before the screen finally turns on.

Does the problem lies with my LCD or is it my VGA that needs replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,122
Message 16 of 20

Re: Y510 Blank Screen

probably lcd, connector or graphic card issue.
contact lenovo or local support center for possible replacement.

( use vga or hdmi output to check if the issue persists. if you're able to see windows desktop on external monitor, it's probably lcd/connector )

Bob1945
Paper Tape
Views: 739
Message 17 of 20

Hello My name is Bob  I have this blank screen problem also. Have you managed to fix yours ? 

Former Administrator
Views: 707
Message 18 of 20

Bob,

Welcome to the forum - it seems that a few people have developed these symptoms and the consensus  for them if they had no video at all, was that the graphic card or system board may have failed.

Here is some general troubleshooting:

If you power up the system, do you get any display on the internal LCD?      If no, then try attaching an external display and see if that works.  If that works, but the internal still does not, then it may be a hardware problem with the internal cable, the LCD, or possibly the system board and you may need service.  The Y510 is an older system, but parts should still be availble through Lenovo service.   You can find the number for support in your country here on our support site.

I believe you sent a PM to other members of our community and included some further details that sounded like:

"I have a Y510 and suddenly when I log on the screen goes Black with a cursor. I have tried to boot up in safe mode but it still does the same."

If you are able to initially get a display when you first power up, see if you can go into BIOS (usually pressing F1 or F2 as instructed on the Lenovo screen when you first power on the system).   If you have a display in BIOS, then the hardware may be OK, and perhaps your video drivers are corrupt.  While in BIOS make sure the hard disk is recognized.

Safemode should load the generic VGA drivers.   It may be that Windows is currupt and not loading properly.  

Perhaps you can try to find a linux or other Windows DVD and try to boot from that.  Pressing F12 at start up should bring up a boot device list, and you could select the DVD drive.

Best regards,

Mark

Highlighted
Bob1945
Paper Tape
Views: 697
Message 19 of 20

Thanks for your advice, I will let you know if I have any sucess. Bob1945
Bob1945
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 20 of 20

Hi,

I have the same problem.If you get it right Please would you let me know how you did it.

Thanks bob1945

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors