cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wm_A_Weevil
Not applicable
Views: 1,638
Message 1 of 3

Y510 LCD video cable is damaged - is a replacement available?

My daughter's Y510 has had hinge problems. A few months after a repair shop replaced the hinges, there was a burning smell and the screen went dark. The computer works with an external monitor, and if you shine a flashlight on the LCD screen, you can see that an image is displayed. My conclusion is that everything works except the display backlight.

One of the cables that run from the motherboard to the display looks damaged. It is not the cable that I find on eBay (14G2200SD10MLV). The bad cable has a label with 2 numbers on it. On top it says 70 - NE31L1603, there's a barcode in the middle, and on the bottom it says LCD 15483C8568017. It has a white plastic connector on each end with I think 10 conductors. The part on the motherboard is flat and covered with black cloth, and then the part that goes through the hinge area is round and covered with gray cloth tape. Computer's serial no. is ABU0077444.

Does anyone know if a replacement is available anywhere?

Thanks very much.

neokenchi
Not applicable
Views: 1,619
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510 LCD video cable is damaged - is a replacement available?

hi Wm_A_Weevil,

You're probably referring to the LCD Inverter Board.

Spoiler
Inverter.JPG

Try to check with this merchant as he's the only one selling this part.on Ebay.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Wm_A_Weevil
Not applicable
Views: 1,610
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510 LCD video cable is damaged - is a replacement available?

Thanks much, neokenchi. Let me ask one more question. The cable that looks bad goes from the motherboard to a small circuit board (maybe 15mm x 90 mm) at the bottom of the display assembly. Would these be the inverter cable and inverter board?

Whoops, I didn't see that the "spoiler" was a photo. Yes, that's the circuit board that this cable connects to. I guess this resolves my question.

Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors