Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Y510 heat issues

[ Edited ]
Although I've mentioned this on another thread I thought this should deserve its own. The issue I'm having is that the Y510 heats up quite a bit, specifically in the area where the left palm rests below the keyboard. It's warm enough that after extended use my left wrist feel uncomfortable and I have to give it a rest. This happens even its sitting on a flat table surface so I don't think the air vents are an issue. I want to know if anybody else is experiencing this and how they worked around it.

Thanks,

-KenG

Message Edited by kgodoy on 02-11-2008 04:14 PM
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: Y510 heat issues

i do agree, my Y510 real hot too. hmmmmz
Serial Port
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Well my y510 gets warm on the left palm below the keyboard. But mine doesnt get really hot..

Message Edited by djonepl on 02-19-2008 09:14 PM
Serial Port
0 Kudos

kgboy, benmark d'u use models with integrated graphics? Can you describe what completetation your laptops are?
Retired Guru
0 Kudos

Whichever your model is - with integrated videocard or not, in both cases they are (either itegrated or external) situated in that area. And CPU is also there. So, it's a normal situation that place is hot espesially during the work. The only question I have - your Y510 has an aluminium plate in the place your hands are at the moment you're typing?
//help will save the world
Highlighted
Punch Card
0 Kudos

I experienced the same hot on down left keyboard. I lifted up my NB a litte by putting a book underneat, then the heat decreased a lot. I thought the airflow below the NB is not sufficient.

May be some rubber tip about 1cm height, usually used for table/chair, should be a solution.