Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbluetooth
What's DOS?
Views: 5,392
Message 1 of 4

Y510 key problem - press g, gets g5, press h, gets h6

Greetings,

After a few months with my March 2008-build Y510, I began having this keyboard problem: when I type the letter "g", I see "g5". Letter "h" becomes "h6" as well as problems with a few other keys. This problem occurs when I enter these letters in certain places such as an internet search bar or MS Word. The problem goes away when I type, say, "as" preceding those letters. Unfortunately, it's hard to define the exact conditions when this happens. For example, I don't see this problem when entering a username or password. These symptoms indicate it's not a keypad short and that it can be fixed temporarily with specific key sequences. I've seen this problem posted online with other laptops, but the limited suggestions did not fix this problem.

I did the Novo recovery process for the C: drive, but the problem persists. Any other suggestions before I ship the laptop back?

Thanks!

Retired Guru
Views: 5,376
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510 key problem - press g, gets g5, press h, gets h6

No suggestions. It's faulty keyboard and ou have to send it to Lenovo... My condolences.
//help will save the world
Phil17
Paper Tape
Views: 4,932
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

I am sorry it's not for a solution, just that I have the same problem.

Borring...

Help please.

mrbluetooth
What's DOS?
Views: 4,923
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately, tech support could not solve the problem and I had to mail the laptop back in for a new keyboard. The new one solved the problem, but sometimes I need to press harder on a key for it to be typed. The feel is still not as crisp as, say, an HP laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors