cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 3,914
Message 1 of 6

Y510P 755M SLI WORKING

This is to confirm to all potential Ultrabay 755M buyers that SLI in Y510P with GT755M is indeed working.

I bought this card -

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

and this 170W adapter -

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

Received both the items within 5 days. This is within US shipping.

Steps to Install -

1) Power off the laptop, remove AC power.

2) Remove the Battery and place your laptop upside down.

3) Release Ultrabay locks and take out the Ultrabay attachment (DVD or HDD whatever you have) and install the card.

4) Push the locks in position, install the battery and connect the 170W adapter.

5) Switch on the laptop and let is boot.

6) The drivers should be installed automatically for the new hardware, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.

7) Open the Nvidia Control Panel and check the 2 graphics card displayed there.

8) Select the option of "Max 3D performance", in order to Enable SLI.

9) Apply the changes and Restart.

and you are all set with the SLI cards.

Observations -

1) Ultrabay card heating upto 81 degree celsius, around 7 to 8 degrees more than my regular GPU.

2) Ultrabay fan is a bit noisy but not something that would disturb me over the game music and sound effects.

3) SLI almost doubled the performance for most games at Ultra settings. (Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman Absolution)

4) SLI doesnt work with GTA IV and few other games.

5) I did not notice any microstuttering or freezes yet. (After 3 days of extensive weekend gaming)

Thanks for reading. For any issues, please reply to this thread and I will try to respond.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
gdstoichkov
Punch Card
Views: 3,791
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y510P 755M SLI WORKING

well....I installed the second GT755M in the ultrabay just like you and my observations are:

-it`s goes up to 79 C with no cooling pad (74 with the pad ), but just a few C over my other GT

-the fan is quet thou...even at full speed is very quiet

- On BF4 I experience micro shuttering very bad, it boost the frame rate above double, but it shutters. I tried to fix it with BF4 options like getting the max FPS from 200 to 60 and using the V-sync but does not change a lot.

Did you tried to update the VBIOS?

Guru
Views: 3,782
Message 3 of 6

I did not install any vBIOS yet and I am still on the old NVIDIA drivers 335.23

I usuallly dont update drivers unless necessary since they mostly come with stability issues initially.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
gdstoichkov
Punch Card
Views: 3,772
Message 4 of 6

Well I rolled back to that one too but they include that HD sound driver in it as well now...I'll try to do a clean driver install without the HD since something is very wrong with it. Playing BF4 I hear sometimes cracking sounds or the sound is just loosing/stopping for miliseconds. It sounds way worse with it. And noticed it has something to do with the shuttering.
Otherwise tommorow I'll think to update the vBios since our GPUs are not suppose to work in SLI.
My laptop came with HD 4600 for desktop applications so I think tha the vBios might improve the situation.
gdstoichkov
Punch Card
Views: 3,769
Message 5 of 6

I'm almost sure my two GT755M have 2 different BIOSes.....
gdstoichkov
Punch Card
Views: 3,733
Message 6 of 6

OK...after long trys and experiments....it turned out to be the SOUND driver. Somehow the new HD nVidia drivers are messing everything. So after I stopped the micro shuterring I was loosing sound when starting BF4....I mean every sound - windows sounds and all kind of music players etc. No sound in BF4 too. So my solutions was to remove the sound drivers and leave only the nVidia HD sound. Everything looks ok now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors