05-12-2014 12:17 PM
This is to confirm to all potential Ultrabay 755M buyers that SLI in Y510P with GT755M is indeed working.
I bought this card -
and this 170W adapter -
Received both the items within 5 days. This is within US shipping.
Steps to Install -
1) Power off the laptop, remove AC power.
2) Remove the Battery and place your laptop upside down.
3) Release Ultrabay locks and take out the Ultrabay attachment (DVD or HDD whatever you have) and install the card.
4) Push the locks in position, install the battery and connect the 170W adapter.
5) Switch on the laptop and let is boot.
6) The drivers should be installed automatically for the new hardware, wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
7) Open the Nvidia Control Panel and check the 2 graphics card displayed there.
8) Select the option of "Max 3D performance", in order to Enable SLI.
9) Apply the changes and Restart.
and you are all set with the SLI cards.
1) Ultrabay card heating upto 81 degree celsius, around 7 to 8 degrees more than my regular GPU.
2) Ultrabay fan is a bit noisy but not something that would disturb me over the game music and sound effects.
3) SLI almost doubled the performance for most games at Ultra settings. (Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman Absolution)
4) SLI doesnt work with GTA IV and few other games.
5) I did not notice any microstuttering or freezes yet. (After 3 days of extensive weekend gaming)
Thanks for reading. For any issues, please reply to this thread and I will try to respond.
05-29-2014 03:29 PM
well....I installed the second GT755M in the ultrabay just like you and my observations are:
-it`s goes up to 79 C with no cooling pad (74 with the pad ), but just a few C over my other GT
-the fan is quet thou...even at full speed is very quiet
- On BF4 I experience micro shuttering very bad, it boost the frame rate above double, but it shutters. I tried to fix it with BF4 options like getting the max FPS from 200 to 60 and using the V-sync but does not change a lot.
Did you tried to update the VBIOS?
05-29-2014 04:29 PM
I did not install any vBIOS yet and I am still on the old NVIDIA drivers 335.23
I usuallly dont update drivers unless necessary since they mostly come with stability issues initially.
05-29-2014 05:21 PM
05-30-2014 07:19 PM