IN

29 Signins

307 Page Views

• Views: 307
  • Message 1 of 7

Y510P - BIOS: Disable Integrated Camera

2017-04-04, 13:46 PM

Hi, 

This is the same problem that I was facing previously (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-Unsupported-for-Win-10-Camera-Driver-Needed/m-p/3353481#M145227) and my PC just crashed (BSOD) as a result. 

I've finally bought a USB webcam and no longer care about trying to make the integreated cam (built-in camera) work using some driver off the internet. As a result, to ensure that a corrupted webcam driver (rtsuvc.sys) doesn't keep crashing my PC and impacting on any other processes I want to diable the port from the BIOS itself so that even if I uninstall the driver now, it wont get re-installed after the PC scans for hardware changes.

Just today my PC crashed again. Post - https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/80910-bsod-immediately-after-booting-system_thread_exception_not_handled.html#post980098 and I'm completely fedup with the entire issue. 

I do not want a driver that works, I simply want to COMPLETELY and PERMANENTLY disable/remove the in-built camera and ALL drivers and software that are related to it while still being able to use a plugged-in USB camera.

Please tell me how to do so as my BIOS is different (Image attached) from all of the steps I've received on the interet:
"

• Use the right arrow key to navigate to the Security Page
  • Use the down arrow key to navigate to the I/O Port Access and press enter to access the settings
  • Use the Down arrow key to move to the Intergrated Camera Interface
  • Use the Enter key to access and change from UNLOCKED to LOCKED "

I do not have any "I/O Port Access" on my "Security" page and would really appreciate proper steps and help on how to do this. Thanks!

Options

9954 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6781 Signins

729644 Page Views

• Views: 729644
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Y510P - BIOS: Disable Integrated Camera

2017-04-04, 16:41 PM

Hi ksuthayya 

Greetings.

You may not have that option in your BIOS version so you may want to try this two methods. 

Method 1:

1.Disable internal webcam in device manager 

Method Two:

1. Click on Windows Start
2. Go to Control Panel and click on  “Lenovo – Camera – enhanced security
3. A pop up screen will appear. Ensure the option of “Automatically lock my computer when the camera detects that no one is using the computer.” is unchecked.
4. Click on Close and restart the laptop.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

06-19-2016

IN

29 Signins

307 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2017-04-04, 17:56 PM

@spidey101

1) I don't have any "Imaging Devices" in my Device Manager. I'd previously disabled and uninstalled the driver although it came back, causing the crash I suppose. I've since uninstalled it again and as you can see there is something in the USB Controllers that is disabled (Image attached 1)

2) There  isn't anything in my Control Panel called Lenovo. (Image attached 2)

Options

9954 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6781 Signins

729644 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2017-04-04, 19:53 PM

Hi ksuthayya  , 

Greetings. 

Would this also be on the same post with unsupported Windows 10 Home  ?

If clean boot to disable start up programs and third party software and registry changes would not help, then it would be best to have a stable system with acceptale Windows version for the Y510p.

I was thinking of forcing the integrated camera to install a different driver (from different model) instead but have not tried it on this model camera. Fully uninstalling the driver and update it from a previously downloaded camera driver (browse on the pc to locate driver from a different model) and continue installing even when a prompt should show that it would not work and go ahead . 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

06-19-2016

IN

29 Signins

307 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2017-04-05, 7:09 AM

Hi, 

I'm not sure what you meant by "Would this also be on the same post with unsupported Windows 10 Home  ?" But yes, it is the same PC. I have perfeormed a clean install in the past and did not fix my issue, since I recently experienced a BSOD again.

The entire issue is that W10 is NOT supported for my laptop as that entire post was about. Thanks, but I am not looking for a solution pertaining to my operating system. Had I reverted back to 8.1 I don't think I'd have had to even buy a USB webcam.

I do not want to try and make the integrated camera, built in camera, work at all. I want to permanently disable block all drivers/software that function with the camera and the camera itself. Since my BIOS is different it only made sense to post on a Lenovo forum to find out how I can best do so on my Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Options

9954 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6781 Signins

729644 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2017-04-05, 14:38 PM

Hi ksuthayya , 

Greetings. 

Would upgrading the webcam driver to an incompatible version have the same issue?

Thanks for verifying the Windows 10 Home version (OEM unsupported) on this post.

There is no option to do this in BIOS (modifying BIOS may do more risk leading to a dead board).

Physically removing the camera (page79) from the panel slot is a sure fix specially if previous options fails.

Regards

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

06-19-2016

IN

29 Signins

307 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2017-04-07, 6:14 AM

Hi

J
ust crashed again this morning. Same file, same error.

DMP - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0zvTqpX8WBiVLPEa9SF2l36iDy (It's not a 0KB file size like last time so hopefully it shouldn't be corrupted).

Also, somehow .. "Lenovo Easy Camera" is showing up in my Device Managaer even though I'd uninstalled and disabled it previously, a week ago. (Image attached)

Please help with this, I only want to continue using W10 and this PC without trying to use the inbuilt webcam or anything related.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save