cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redwing634
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 2

Y510P Doesn't boot past "Lenovo" screen.

When I turn it on, it continuously cycles between the "Lenovo" with black background screen, to a black screen, then seemingly restarts itself and continues over and over.

When I hold down the reset button near the power cord, it shuts down the pc, turns it back on, and the cycle begins again.

What are my options?

Also The PC shipped with Windows 8, but I upgraded to the free windows 10 back when that was available. If I have to reset the PC, it'll reset to Windows 8 right? Will I be able to get it to Windows 10 again?

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 125
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y510P Doesn't boot past "Lenovo" screen.

It may have updated a incompatible driver if this occurred after a Windows Update.
You could go into the BIOS and see if the hard drive is being seen. If so then restart and try a cold boot. I am not sure on your model. But holding the power button down for at least 15 sec, then press to power on after may do it. Lenovo has some weird startup modes for trouble shooting but does not seem to document them.

I you created the Window 10 DVD you can boot from that and see if its does which would pretty much indicate its likely a driver (video most likely if its AMD) troublesome.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors