Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosa16
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 4

Y510P Freezing After Start Up

Hello there, I have had my IdeaPad Y510p Laptop - 59369999 for 2 years without any problems, until today.  I started watching a video & everything froze for a good 5 minutes.  I held the power button until my laptop shut down, when I turned it on it said "scanning and repairing drive c". It started up normally, I gave it time, moved the mouse once everything had loaded & it froze again. Then the screen went blank with the cursor working, then the cursor dissappeared. Does anyone know of this is a simple fix? Thank you! 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 163
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P Freezing After Start Up

My guess is that the hard drive is dying.  If it will start, try getting a copy of CrystalDiskInfo (free),  Otherwise, see if you can hook up the drive to another machine to test it and to get as much as you can off of it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Rosa16
Paper Tape
Views: 157
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.  Would I need to get a copy of crystaldiskinfo on a different computer in order to test my laptops health? And do you know if you're able to replace the hard drive? (I'm in panic mode as I don't know much about computers) Thank you again! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 150
Message 4 of 4

If your computer will not boot, you need to move the drive to a machine that works so it can be tested.  I am not really in the repair business, but this is the kind of problem that computer repair places deal with all the time.  Where did you buy it?  If you are comfortable doing any sort of repair, maybe one of your friends can suggest a place.  Or a Lenovo dealer? If you don't have a good backup, make sure you tell the person you deal with that you want to  save as much personal info as possible.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors