Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jokenbraw
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,183
Message 1 of 4

Y510P Headphone Jack Broken

I broke my headphone jack last night. I dropped my Y510p while the auxillary chord was still plugged in. A small chunk of plastic and metal fell out the end of the headphone jack. Now my sound isn't working properly. Sound plays from the computer speakers when my headphones/aux chord are plugged in. I have about half the volume I usually do in my headphones/aux chord. 

Ideally I would like to replace the headphone jack if possible. I've had this computer for a while and I don't think my warranty would cover it. I would ask Lenovo Support but the webpage seems to not be working.

If I can't fix it properly for a reasonable price I will buy a usb sound adapter for it.

Does anyone have any experience in this or have any advice for replacing a headphone jack????

Guru
Views: 1,157
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P Headphone Jack Broken

Lenovo support site is working for me. Since you're in Canada, they could be doing some site maintence that I'm not aware of. But try calling 1877-453-6686. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Rozczarowana
Paper Tape
Views: 1,055
Message 3 of 4

Jokenbraw, i also have the headphone jack broken,.. it started a year ago, when it was a bit unstable, but i thought it will be ok.. Suddenly it started to work whenever it wanted, so if i wanted to listen to the music from laptop speakers it wasnt play, i had to connect the speakers or the headphones... A plastic ring has broke , and now it is really a lottery if i will hear anything through the speakers or the headphones.. Sometimes i can have a headphones on and the speakers works... Thats so wrong ... I am soooo disappointed , and thos is not the real problem right now .. The reality is that my laptop, i paid for it £1000pounds in june 2014, now doesnt even to start up... Why?????? My warranty is out of date, other people has the same problem...???so what now??? The same qhat happened with faulty iphones?
Rozczarowana
Paper Tape
Views: 1,050
Message 4 of 4

And i bought this blpody laptop because i thought it will help with my job... I feel so disapointed ,... And cheated really..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors