Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jinotad
Serial Port
Views: 1,600
Message 1 of 5

Y510P Issue after battery guage reset

So, I had the bright idea of doing a Battery guage reset half a week ago.

I beleave that the program never turned the "check/use for AC adapter on plugin" back on.  I can get the laptop to act as everything is normal, laptop running off of AC and charging the batterty; however, if the AC cord is removed from the laptop while the battery is still in it.  The computer then stops accepting the AC, and only uses the battery even when the AC has been plugged back in.

To fix it so the computer will run off of the AC again I must remove the battery, unplug the power cord from the power socket (?) and computer, wait a few minutes, plug the power back in, turn the computer on, put the battery back into the laptop.

While this works, it is rather inconvienint.  I was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this.  To me, this seems like the power managment shut off the detection/use of the AC.  But once the battery was drained, never turn this feature back on.

My guess is if I can return that variable/toggle back to the way it was, the laptop would be fixed.   If this is the case, and idea I had was to uninstall/reinstall the battery/AC adapter drivers, and then reinstall them.   Does anyone else thing this is a good idea, and if so, where should I try getting the drivers/programes before I attempt it?

Highlighted
Jinotad
Serial Port
Views: 1,571
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y510P Issue after battery guage reset

No thoughts?

anup756
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,559
Message 3 of 5

I can't believe that the problem is still there in Y510P. I had the same issue with my Y400 and had to send the laptop for RMA. They said it was a motherboard issue. But, I believe it was fixed.

I was waiting for the new model. But, if the problem persists then I'm not going to buy one. Thank god I sold my Y400 soon enough in e-bay! Smiley Happy

Here. this might help: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/LENOVO-Y500-BATTERY-NOT-CHARGING-AFTER-USIN...

Is the problem same as described above?

FreedomBot9000
Punch Card
Views: 1,543
Message 4 of 5

Re: Y510P Issue after battery gauge reset

I have done a few resets on my y410p to address https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Battery-drain-when-powered-down-Y410P/td-p... but never encountered strange behaviour after a reset. Did you by any chance monitor your laptop during the reset period the entire time to check for warning messages or strange behaviour? I also like going into setup and turning on the hardware beep when AC adapter gets plugged in to provide additional feedback. I'm also curious if your battery shenanigans and the mystery that is the y410p/y510p battery draining 1-3% every hour while shutdown are related. I've been feeling rather computer-detective lately so I care again some more.

vladazmn
Punch Card
Views: 1,241
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I had the same issue and it is resolved by motherboard replacement. It is a hardware issue. The workaround you mentioned will work only if you don't play games because dedicated Nvidia graphic card will always work in power save mode. I will never touch Lenovo energy management application again.

Regards,

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P | Intel® Core™ I7-4700MQ @2.4GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | Nvidia® Geforce™ GT 755M | 1TB Seagate Laptop SSHD 1000LM014 5400RPM | 64GB MyDigitalSSD Super Cache 2 SATA III/6G M.2 NGFF SSD | 1080p Lenovo Display | Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors