Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fronzizzle
What's DOS?
Views: 284
Message 1 of 3

Y510P Power Management Issue

Hello All,

I have a new Y510P that has been giving me all sorts of problems.  Lenovo Technical Support has been less than helpful, but with the help of some other forums I've managed to figure out and fix most the problems.

The one I have left is, if I have an application open - the internet, Open Office, etc. - but then leave the computer idle for 1-2 minutes, the screen goes black and the computer goes to sleep.  I've checked all of the Power Management settings I can find, nothing is set to turn off or go to sleep for at least 30 minutes, and the problem doesn't happen as long as I'm active.  Or, if I minimize everything and just have the desktop visible, it seems fine - it's only if the application is open.  It's very annoying as I have to wake up, then re-log in everytime this happens.

kidjai
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510P Power Management Issue

I would uninstall the lenovo power management application that comes with it.  It's been giving me problem since I got my laptop (2 weeks ago).  You'll save yourself a lot of hassle if you do it now.  The application is probably managing the power instead of letting windows power management do it's thing.  You'll also come across some issues with video games if you allow the lenovo power management application to run.  

wikidest6666
Punch Card
Views: 216
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510P Power Management Issue

make sure you have enabled lenovo energy managment. and also make sure under power options in windows, that you clicked "change advanced power settings", and configure it to not have the screen blank out every two minutes

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors