Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewkee
Not applicable
Views: 598
Message 1 of 3

Y510P SD Card problems... and More!

My latest problem with my Y510p is the SD card reader. I'm trying to read SDHC cards, several, and what has happened is that none were recognized, so I rebooted the machine, despite the recent reboot this morning, and was able to read a card. I was actually able to read two, and then when I inserted the third, after removing the second, it didn't show up. I tried a fourth instead, and it didn't show up. So I tried to go through my camera via a USB cable, and the camera isn't recognized. My other USB peripherals like an external keyboard and mouse still work. I'm not sure if the problem is in the reader itself, or maybe in the USB-bus internally? Maybe it's a driver problem. In any event, it's quite unreasonable to have to restart a computer between SD card reads.

Gewgaw1
Not applicable
Views: 494
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510P SD Card problems... and More!

HI There,

I am almost sure I have seen this before...

Q: is your antivirus up to date and working 100% - ie, does it scan cards inserted automatically?

(the reason I ask - is that I had a client where the camera had some crappy virus and was transferring it to the SD cards)

(This caused all manner of issues with SD cards and reading from the camera)

Try to scan the camera and cards on another PC and see what happens. Smiley Wink

get back to us when you have done so.

matthewkee
Not applicable
Views: 427
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510P SD Card problems... and More!

Sorry I never got back to this thread. If anyone is still out there, my anti-virus is up to date and the problem still happens. Infuriatingly, it happens "most of the time" - it isn't even 100% consistent. Same behaviors. Briefly able to read, then not. I've checked my drivers, as near as I can tell all software and drivers are as up to date as are available. I can get an external reader, but it's the prinicple of the thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors