Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zhenka666
What's DOS?
Views: 312
Message 1 of 4

Y510P SLI Graphics Card Burned

Just wanted to let others know about the SLI Graphics Card. All of a sudden my pc shutdown while viewing a Youtube video. I smelled some weird burning smell coming from the computer. Wouldn't boot, eventually I pulled the second graphics card on the right side of the pc. Looked at it and there was major burn spot on it. Started up the PC and it was fine without the graphics card. There must be some sort of overheating issue and they are defective. I rarely play games on this pc and this occured simply watching a youtube video which seems really odd. I do have two monitors hooked up to the system.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 297
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P SLI Graphics Card Burned

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problems.  I would recommend that you discontinue using the card and contact Lenovo Support for additional assistance.

Lenovo Support - USA

1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

tomass129
What's DOS?
Views: 219
Message 3 of 4

it heppend to me also.

can you update if you contact support?

Zhenka666
What's DOS?
Views: 214
Message 4 of 4

Sorry I did not. I simply chucked the card. I looked into finding a replacement but could not find one online :-(

I also looked into finding a dvd/blu-ray drive instead but had similar problems finding any parts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors