Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remy_Sparrow
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 1 of 7

Y510P WIFI slow internet connection

Hi,

I have this problem since some time now, I have 2 laptops and T430 and an Ideapad Y510P. The T430 connects to the internet with no issues but the Y510P is taking too much time to resolve a web page, after 10 or 15 seconds I get a timeout error on the browers, then I need to reload the page and I eventually access the webpage.

Other problem is that seems to be that loading the web page sometimes it takes too much time, just like you had a 56k Fax mode where the pics load just one by one and suddenly it loads all at once.

I have a Intel Wireless-N 7260, however, Lenovo support web page tells me that I should have a Qualcomm Atheros adapter.

On device manager, the Qualcomm Atheros refers to the ethernet adapter (not wifi) and when searching intel for latest driver the 7260 is for Bluethooth only, which is odd.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? by the way, other Laptops and cell phones connect to the router without any issues, only the Y510P is having this long waits and timeout issues.

Thanks

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 871
Message 2 of 7

Re: Y510P WIFI slow internet connection

Go to Control Panel/Uninstall Programs and check if you have Intel Proset software and Intel Bluethood installed. If one of them is missing try going to Intel's website and download the program. You may also download the latest Bluetooth driver if you like. Install the Bluetooth driver first then the Intel Proset program. If the installer present an option to uninstall the old program choose this and install the new one thereafter.

Remy_Sparrow
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I tried your suggestions and downloaded the Bluethooth and Wifi Pro SW from Intel directly, the latest drivers and software is 04/2015, however, it did not fix the issue. Something I noticed is that as soon as I restart the OS, I open de browser and open a few pages and looks like the problem is fixed but after a few minutes, the problem appears again. An example, I was on Lenovo page and then I change the URL to google.com, it took around 20 seconds to display a message (On Chrome) as This page is unavaiable and ERR_TIMEOUT, but the status bar says "keep searching" after 10 more seconds, then It changes to Google.

Looks like there is a stable period of time when internet connection works ok but then it comes intermitent again but as I mentioned before, my Lenovo T430 doesn't have any problems neither my cell phones.

By the way, something I forgot to add is that I'm using windows 8.1 64 bits.

Any other clues?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 844
Message 4 of 7

@Remy_Sparrow wrote:

Hi,

I tried your suggestions and downloaded the Bluethooth and Wifi Pro SW from Intel directly, the latest drivers and software is 04/2015, however, it did not fix the issue. Something I noticed is that as soon as I restart the OS, I open de browser and open a few pages and looks like the problem is fixed but after a few minutes, the problem appears again. An example, I was on Lenovo page and then I change the URL to google.com, it took around 20 seconds to display a message (On Chrome) as This page is unavaiable and ERR_TIMEOUT, but the status bar says "keep searching" after 10 more seconds, then It changes to Google.

Looks like there is a stable period of time when internet connection works ok but then it comes intermitent again but as I mentioned before, my Lenovo T430 doesn't have any problems neither my cell phones.

By the way, something I forgot to add is that I'm using windows 8.1 64 bits.

Any other clues?

Once you have those drivers installed you need to do some tweaking to optimized the operation. Search in Intel's site for Advance wifi settings. Also you need to check your router with respect to your wifi card. If they are not compatible you may have some problem.

Remy_Sparrow
Paper Tape
Views: 818
Message 5 of 7

Well, I checked the advanced settings from Intel site, but that did not fixed the issue and I think this is going beyond Intel driver since I was able to get an USB Cisco Wireless-n adapter and the result was the same, sometimes I get an timeout error and I need to reload the website a few times until it gets fully displayed, but other times it "completes" reading the web site but there is a lot of Images missing, css is not fully downloaded, etc, so again I need to reload several times until the page can be seen correctly.  I disable my webroot antivirus to check is this was messing with the connection but it didn't, so at this point I'm not sure where else to look at since all my other devices can login to my router without a problem. 

Any recommendation? 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 814
Message 6 of 7

@Remy_Sparrow wrote:

Well, I checked the advanced settings from Intel site, but that did not fixed the issue and I think this is going beyond Intel driver since I was able to get an USB Cisco Wireless-n adapter and the result was the same, sometimes I get an timeout error and I need to reload the website a few times until it gets fully displayed, but other times it "completes" reading the web site but there is a lot of Images missing, css is not fully downloaded, etc, so again I need to reload several times until the page can be seen correctly.  I disable my webroot antivirus to check is this was messing with the connection but it didn't, so at this point I'm not sure where else to look at since all my other devices can login to my router without a problem. 

Any recommendation? 

I agree with your obsrvation that it may not be driver related since using a usb dongle you get the same symptom. This leaves me to suspect incompatibility between your wifi card and your router (it might be true that other devices connects properly to it but that is because they may have the same specs with the router). Have you check the specs?

Remy_Sparrow
Paper Tape
Views: 793
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I contacted my ISP to review the router compatibility, they modified a  few settings like the channel, renames the router and password (a bit odd) and also they found that there was noise on the connection, it should be 13 db and I had 9 db, so they will check my line. I'm still trying to figure out if this noisy has something to do with the problem I'm seeing.. but I'll keep you posted.   I will take my laptop to another location and test it with a different router and ISP....  Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors