Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trailrunner925
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 1 of 3

Y510P and Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 last year and had to uninstall it due to wi-fi connectivity dropping.   Searching the internet, this seemed to be a frequent problem and Lenova did not support Windows 10 for the Y510P and did not provide drivers.

I really liked windows 10 and would love to go back to it.    Is anyone running it, and how did you resolve the wi-fi connectivity issue?   

I see on the Lenova Website they still don't list Windows 10 for this model.    Too bad.  Makes me really dislike Lenova products when they don't support OS upgrades.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 181
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y510P and Windows 10

Hi trailrunner925 and welcome to the community,

'

It's not Lenovo not supporting it, it is the manufacturer of the internal components not providing drivers for the hardware.

Lenovo doesn't make the drivers for the internal components and if the manufacturers don't update their drivers, then Windows has to use generic MS drivers for the components and then Lenovo can't support that particular machine. 

You should probably upgrade to Windows 10 and let it activate and generate the license and then take it back to your old OS. Then down the road when issues are solved you can reinstall it.

Regards,

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
trailrunner925
What's DOS?
Views: 173
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y510P and Windows 10

Thanks.   I did upgrade awhile back to Windows 10, and I loved it.   It was with regret I rolled back to 8.1 for connectivity issues.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors