04-14-2016 03:33 PM
I recently got my Y510p Ideapad's charging port replaced due to it getting fried. Ever since then my Y510p has been charging however it doesn't register that it is charging
This is a problem because the GT 750M within the laptop wont turn on unless the laptop registers that it's charging.
I am using the correct charger with the correct voltage, etc
Is there anyway to fix this issue or at least force the GT 750m to work without having it register the computer is charging?
04-15-2016 12:08 PM
Hi Keanane ,
Welcome to the Community Forums.
Would you be able to use GT 750m by removing the battery and just running it on the ac adapter, as this would be a way to bypass battery start up of the GPU ?
With the charging issue :
1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method battery from the device manager . Turn off
2. Remove the battery and unplug the charger , press and hold down the power button for 12 seconds to drain remaining charge within.
3. Plug in charger and place battery back . press the Novo button (item1 page 7) instead of power to turn on . Choose BIOS setup on the novo menu . Press F9 to reset BIOS default , F10 to save and exit .
4. Check how battery is charging , if same issue proceed uninstalling Lenovo Energy Management tool from control panel's Programs and Features . Turn off and restart , check again on battery .
5. To reinstall back Energy management , download and install from the support site under Power management tab after choosing the correct OS for you.
If the issue persist after doing this steps , you may call in tech support for further recommendation and assistance like BIOS update (available on support site) or possible service
Further reference on this article.
Update us how things go.