Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamidausa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,386
Message 1 of 4

Y510P dvd drive not working after Win 10 update

Just realized my dvd drive does not play DVDs since I upgraded to win 10. It doesn't even recognize dvds, showing me only a desktop.ini file instead. It plays CDs just fine and it burns DVDs as storage device, though it **may** only be burning them as a CD, haven't really tested it.

I would like to get an updated driver from lenovo, but I can't get past the Q&A session, it either doesn't know my laptop or thinks I'm running win 8.1 or 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

jamidausa
What's DOS?
Views: 1,361
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P dvd drive not working after Win 10 update

uninstalled the driver then rebooted... problem solved
deejayeh
What's DOS?
Views: 469
Message 3 of 4

The solution does not work for me. No amount of removing drivers, reinstalling, rebootting etc works. Works perfectly as a CD but not a DVD (or BD). Please can Lenovo provide some real support.

David

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 457
Message 4 of 4

Hi deejayeh,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Based on my research the Ideapad Y510p is not included on the list of devices that was tested for Windows 10 upgrade kindly check this link https://lnv.gy/2MKa5xw. Since the laptop doesn't support the OS we cannot guarantee that it will work fine. You may revert back to the original OS of your laptop as well. 

Regards,

Mod's Edit: for transparency, shortened link was converted to full URL....

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103535?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eSer...

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors