US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Y510P ideapad booting problem

2020-01-31, 23:05 PM

Hi,

I have an elderly Y510P that no longer boots, and I wanted to check in before attempting a system recovery.

Waking up from sleep mode has been buggy the last few months. The problem started after attempting to reboot after the ideapad woke up and froze.

The Lenovo logo appears, the swirling loading animation plays, but Windows 8.1 no longer boots; I'm stuck on a black screen. Reseating the HDD had no effect. I have no diagnostic tools available from my boot menu.

Thanks!

Solved! See the solution
Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Y510P ideapad booting problem

2020-02-03, 14:02 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums Wrist!

Nice to have you here!

Just to ask:

• Does the HDD works on other devices?

Try to launch the laptop first in safe mode and check if the laptop will boot successfully or faster.

And please perform a Lenovo Diagnostics on the laptop as well by downloading it here.

If the HDD works with other devices, please proceed in performing OKR (One Key Recovery) on the laptop by pressing the Novo button that's located on the left side view of the laptop (next to AC power adapter jack).

Please check/read page 24 of your laptop's user guide to see the steps on how to perform OKR.

Please take note that performing this action will also erase all user data on device.

Also, you may read this previous post from other users who have encountered the same issue so that you'll see other troubleshooting steps that they've performed as well.

Let us know if this will work.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

10-03-2019

IN

10 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-06, 4:48 AM

Hi

It maybe due to multiple reasons. I had faced a similar one due to graphic driver issues after a windows update

so after searching for solutions through google

- Entered safe mode (during Logo turn off and turn on . Repeat 3-4 times. System recovery will turn on and provide with you options)

- Uninstalled graphic drivers.
- Reboot and then it loaded to desktop. 

- Installed default drivers from website (but SLI option was missing which was fixed by following step)

- Opened windows update and let it complete . It was also updating my Display

- Reboot again

Done..!

From the Recovery options, you can also try for Startup repair and system store.

My Config: Y510p SLI on Win 10

Options

0 Posts

01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-09, 9:17 AM

Hi!

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Problem solved.

I was in a situation where I was unable to boot in to Safe Mode for whatever reason.

After removing the HDD, I hooked it up to my desktop and checked it for errors, which came out negative.

Then, I backed up my data, reinstalled the HDD, performed the OKR and reinstalled Windows from scratch.

In my case, I suspect that Windows itself was damaged. Thanks for the Lenovo Diagnostic Tool link, it will no doubt prove handy.

Have a great 2020!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save